Sales Tax Not Calculated Correctly in 2.2.1

In 2.2.1 our sales tax is not calculated correctly. It's sometimes off by a penny or two and must be caused by a rounding issue. I recall seeing this topic before the release of 2.2.1, but I can't find it now. I thought this was supposed to be fixed by now.

This should help, they more or less view this as an option when more precise calculation is needed. ;)

Hello knoxbury,

You can also try to replace an option of the “Tax calculation method based on” drop-down list with another one on the “Settings: General” page in the administration panel.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1312533983' post='118916']

Hello knoxbury,

You can also try to replace an option of the “Tax calculation method based on” drop-down list with another one on the “Settings: General” page in the administration panel.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

What do you mean “try”? Either changing that option will work or it won't work and CS-Cart support should know! I often hear this from CS-Cart support . . . to “try” something. That is an acceptable answer from forum members, but not from the support team. We look to support to know the answer, not guess.

Hello knoxbury,

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with my answer, but the only reason I used the “try” word is that I do not know the exact reason for your problem. So I suggested you this solution as a possible one that can help you resolve the problem. If you want us to find out the exact cause of the problem, please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server, so that we could find it out and provide you with a proper solution.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='knoxbury' timestamp='1312548605' post='118929']

What do you mean “try”? Either changing that option will work or it won't work and CS-Cart support should know! I often hear this from CS-Cart support . . . to “try” something. That is an acceptable answer from forum members, but not from the support team. We look to support to know the answer, not guess.

[/quote]

Pfew… anybody selling anti-stress balls?

The service here on the forum is free. I am glad to see cs-cart providing this free support.

Anyway. Are you using an added fee for a certain payment option? We are and there is no option to add tax to this fee (like we are supposed to in most countries in Europe). I see this as a bug (or must have option) but CS-cart doesn't think so and refuses to “fix” it, so we had to think of a workaround.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1312790317' post='119107']

The service here on the forum is free. I am glad to see cs-cart providing this free support.

[/quote]

CS-Cart gives me the “try” line even when I'm paying them for support. They're just guessing. And “free” support isn't really free. We're all paying them for the shopping cart to work as it should. And when the functionality is not working correctly, they should fix it whether it's in the forums or via additional paid support.

Hello knoxbury,

I apologize once again for any inconvenience caused to you. Yes, you are right that if some CS-Cart feature does not work properly (in other words, there is some minor or major bug there), we provide a proper solution to the problem both via Customer Help Desk and on our CS-Cart Community Forums when a client asks us for it, even if he/she does not have technical support service purchased. However, if the problem posted on CS-Cart Community forums is not caused by a well-known bug in the current CS-Cart version and we (technical support engineers) are not sure about the exact cause of the problem, we provide a possible solution to it. If the provided solution does not help resolve a problem, we ask the client to contact us via Customer Help Desk, so that we could resolve the problem on the client's server by ourselves.

Also, as far as I understand, you are not quite satisfied with some of our replies to your request posted via Customer Help Desk. If so, I would like to ask you to post another request clarifying the problem in the appropriate ticket of Customer Help Desk, so that we could check your problem in more details and provide you with a proper solution.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1312895605' post='119201']

However, if the problem posted on CS-Cart Community forums is not caused by a well-known bug in the current CS-Cart version and we (technical support engineers) are not sure about the exact cause of the problem, we provide a possible solution to it. If the provided solution does not help resolve a problem, we ask the client to contact us via Customer Help Desk, so that we could resolve the problem on the client's server by ourselves.

[/quote]

The sales tax issue IS a well knonw bug and has been talked about for some time now as a problem with CS-Cart. So in this case, the support rep should KNOW whether or not the proposed solution is going to work.

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1312895605' post='119201']

However, if the problem posted on CS-Cart Community forums is not caused by a well-known bug in the current CS-Cart version and we (technical support engineers) are not sure about the exact cause of the problem, we provide a possible solution to it. If the provided solution does not help resolve a problem, we ask the client to contact us via Customer Help Desk, so that we could resolve the problem on the client's server by ourselves.

[/quote]

The sales tax issue IS a well knonw bug and has been talked about for some time now as a problem with CS-Cart. So in this case, the support rep should KNOW whether or not the proposed solution is going to work. And CS-Cart should TEST their “solutions” BEFORE offering it to the customer. And only after it's tested successfully should they propose it to the customer. What if Apple ran their company like that?

Hello knoxbury,

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, I am not really sure about what well-known bug you are talking about. If you could provide a link to our Bug tracker where this issue is posted or a link to a thread where this bug is discussed, that would be great. We will be glad to provide you with a bug fix if it exists.

Also I want to assure you that all bug fixes are tested properly before we provide them to our clients.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote]

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, I am not really sure about what well-known bug you are talking about. If you could provide a link to our Bug tracker where this issue is posted or a link to a thread where this bug is discussed, that would be great. We will be glad to provide you with a bug fix if it exists.

[/quote]

Your forums seem to only show posts from 2011. But in 2010 (I believe) there was a long forum thread about this issue with your lead guy saying it would be fixed in future releases.

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1312981385' post='119270']

Also I want to assure you that all bug fixes are tested properly before we provide them to our clients.

[/quote]

Are we just going to go back and forth on this? I have had MANY experiences with CS-Cart support where they DO NOT test fixes . . . they want me to test them only to find out they don't work or break something else!

Hello knoxbury,

If you say that this problem was discussed in the past year, I assume that it was resolved by adding the “Tax calculation method based on” setting to the “Settings: General” page in the administration panel. Before this setting was added, taxes were calculated by subtotal. If you checked a calculated tax value by calculating it based on a unit (product) price, there could be some minor discrepancy between tax values calculated using these different methods. So now, in the current CS-Cart version, you can select the necessary method on which taxes will be calculated: by subtotal or by unit price.

As regards testing fixes or some custom modifications that are provided within our technical support service in the Customer Help Desk account, I apologize if there was a case when provided code changes did not work as they should in your store or they broke some functionality. As I have said earlier, all bug fixes are tested properly by our engineers before providing it to our clients and minor custom modifications are tested by us, technical support engineers. Surely we will take measures so that bug fixes and minor custom modifications will be tested more carefully before providing them to our clients.

I highly appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team