Sale promotion ended too early

I have a 40% off sale that I used “available period” for, & the through date is today (12/2/12). But the cart seems to have ended the sale a couple hours early. I got an order in at 9:55 p.m. my time (Central Mountain USA) but the prices were not sale prices on their order. I checked the site & sure enough it's no longer displaying sale prices. I checked my site settings & do have the correct time zone set, so why did it end a few hours early? Shouldn't it go until midnight?

have you got the time zone set correctly in the admin>settings or even perhaps your servers time may be out in which case check cpanel

John

Yes I have the correct time zone set in my admin panel. I'm checking with my host support now as I couldn't find a time zone setting in my cPanel.

Well my hosting company wasn't much help. They said the server is in the timezone of the server's location which is the west coast, USA (Pacific Time). So I asked if their server timezone affects the function of my shopping cart & they said:

[quote]

Unfortunately, I'm not sure which time zone your e-commerce software uses. You should check the documentation for the software to determine this.

[/quote]

Does anyone know? My customer is wanting an explanation and I may have to refund her 40% of her order if this is a bug or something.

Look at your php info (Admin->Database->PHP Information). That will tell you what the server time is. Usually it's GMT which would mean you're 7 or 8 hours behind.

Not sure where to look in the PHP info. In my settings I have it at color=“#000000” Mountain Time USA & Canada[/color]. That's correct for Denver, Colorado USA right?

I'm not sure that it is even your problem because I do not use promotions and I have no idea how the date and time functions. However, here is a screen shot of the server date/time.

[attachment=6190:phpinfo()_1354596828433.png]

phpinfo()_1354596828433.png

Thank you for that. I checked mine & it is set correctly at America/Denver.

The issue exists where CS-Cart will terminate on the local server time -

In our case if a promotion ends at 2:59PM West Coast Time, it will end 11:59PM East Coast Time.

If I want to end the promotion on the 'date' (available until) then the coupon will expire at 12:00AM East Coast, 9PM West Coast.

Personally I think promotions is a little screwed up based upon the lack of time logic and the inability to automatically expire banners etc for the same purpose (I might be biased as I'm the one up at 3AM FL time to turn the sales off)

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1354630603' post='150420']

The issue exists where CS-Cart will terminate on the local server time -

In our case if a promotion ends at 2:59PM West Coast Time, it will end 11:59PM East Coast Time.

If I want to end the promotion on the 'date' (available until) then the coupon will expire at 12:00AM East Coast, 9PM West Coast.

Personally I think promotions is a little screwed up based upon the lack of time logic and the inability to automatically expire banners etc for the same purpose (I might be biased as I'm the one up at 3AM FL time to turn the sales off)

[/quote]

I agree with that! I had my banner up & contemplated taking it off earlier or later because I didn't want to stay up until midnight, so I opted for later. The customer who placed the order said our site advertised the sale so we need to honor it & I agree, so that bit me in the butt.

So for the sale expiration, it should have ended later than midnight my time but instead it ended earlier (customer is in Wisconsin, USA).

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1354635420' post='150427']

I agree with that! I had my banner up & contemplated taking it off earlier or later because I didn't want to stay up until midnight, so I opted for later. The customer who placed the order said our site advertised the sale so we need to honor it & I agree, so that bit me in the butt.

[/quote]

No contract exists until you have confirmed and accepted it with distance selling, but sure, sometimes you need to give a little to avoid upset, we told one arrogant ass to *** off last week for a similar thing

John

John