Right Host for Me

[quote name=‘utilityempire’]Nice to see another post on here taken off topic by the same people :D[/quote]

Yes, you’re right… Always same people with same cues…

[quote name=‘Noman’]No, I’m still missing here ;)[/quote]

Noman, welcome in the club!

Any other suggestions or just bickering?

Thanks for posting everyone I appreciate the help.

Even though godaddy is probably slower I might stick with them for now since I know they won’t go out of business anytime soon.

In the future I will definitely just make my own web server. I’d consider it now if my current budget for the site wasn’t so limited.

I joined Martfox a week or so ago after being treated like an idiot with 1and1 for 4 years, I have many domains with 1and1 and having just tried Martfox will be switching all over to them. Each time I have contacted them they have responded in at leaset 15 mins, even at weekends. I am a newbie to the whole thing really and they have helped me a lot. Definate recommend from me.

John

[quote name=‘chipdougal’]Any other suggestions or just bickering?

Thanks for posting everyone I appreciate the help.

Even though godaddy is probably slower I might stick with them for now since I know they won’t go out of business anytime soon.

In the future I will definitely just make my own web server. I’d consider it now if my current budget for the site wasn’t so limited.[/QUOTE]

[url]Page Not Found | InMotion Hosting

Iv’e been hosing with hostgator for over 5 years.

The following is more info regarding hostgator in relation to your questions.

1. I live in the USA, FL to be specific.

Servers are located within the USA.

2. Can’t afford a ridiculous budget for hosting in the beginning needs to be affordable but doesn’t have to be dirt cheap.

approx. $15 per month for their business plan which includes an SSL certificate and dedicated IP

3. I will want upgradability if I start to get more traffic.

They offer VPS and dedicated servers with their techs doing the upgrading if needed.

4. Need a big email

Unlimited storage on shared server plans

5. Speed is very important

For the most part I am pretty satisfied with their speed although when I started hosting with them there where some speed issues.

6. Customer support is very important especially phone

Phone support + live online chat

7. good control over databases is important

Full control

8. Usability, I don’t want some convoluted complicated mess for a website access to my hosting account.

Cpanel included on shared plans

9. Reliability

They are pretty reliable barring any unforeseen incidents.

Overall my experience with hostgator has been pretty positive and server uptime pretty much 100%.

I’m sure there are plenty of other good hosts out there, good luck hunting !!

Before signing up for any host make sure to search for coupon codes as almost all hosts offer them.

chipdougal-

Martfox and CyberLNC bring one advantage over some other hosts: they are familiar with CS-Cart. Not sure if this would be important to you and it would still need to be weighed against any shortcomings from your original list.

Bob

[quote name=‘chipdougal’]…

2. Can’t afford a ridiculous budget for hosting in the beginning needs to be affordable but doesn’t have to be dirt cheap.

3. I won’t be getting a ton of traffic probably 5 to 25 buyers a day in the beginning but most of my clients will be uploading 1 to 50 meg files on either checkout or through my file uploading feature on the site.

4. I will want upgradability if I start to get more traffic.

5. Need a big email

6. Speed is very important

7. Customer support is very important especially phone

8. good control over databases is important

[/quote]

What is your budget exactly.

What is a big email?

GoDaddy is just fine for domain purchases.

The webhosts that have CS cart experiences that are mentioned in this thread are an option if you are willing to pay quite a bit for that. Indy seems very friendly and helpful on this forum.

Although unless the hosts are giving free CS cart support I do not see the value as generic PHP MySql cart questions can be handeled by any good system admin.

InMotion and Hostgator type webhosts can be ok in terms of phone support but they are not really all that capable.

I know that with Inmotion the people answering the phone are in a rush and have limited knowledge.

If you need true 24 hour phone support that limits your choices and increases your costs to around $40+ per month. Depending on promotions prepayments etc…

I use a VPS solution from Steadfast servers and can say they are the fastest, most reliable host I have used to date. They do offer phone support and their email support responds in minutes so I haven’t ever even had to resort to phone support. They are extremely helpful and their prices are reasonable. I have been with them close to 5 years now and haven’t even given thought to moving since I have never had any unscheduled downtime or issues with their service/support.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]bows

Personally I’m on CyberLNC, have been for 3 years and everything has ran smoothly for me, however be forewarned it’s for the knowledgeable rather than people who require hand-holding. www.cyberlnc.com

[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, “hand holding” is really what we do do best! :wink:

At CyberLNC, customer service is our primary central focus and we have the experience necessary to help our clients resolve their support issues whether they are technically inclined or not and we routinely help those with no formal experience with computers or web hosting.

[QUOTE]

#7 will be your deciding factor however you seem technically competent enough to handle most issues, both Davids are available via email or better yet IM :)[/QUOTE]

For clarification, someone incorrectly posted some time ago that we did not have phone support and it stuck as gossip fact though we do have toll free phone support which is either directly answered or monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We do try to focus our clients more towards keeping the phone as a “last line” of support as a simple matter of policy as we prefer to keep a written record of all client communications which is routinely reviewed for customer service quality control purposes.

PS: This is an unrelated footnote – As a few around here tend to blindly post about brief site outages instead of first contacting our support or reading our network status feeds, I am officially telling you all now in advance that later today and on throughout this weekend, we will be bringing down all of the hosting servers one at a time very briefly for just a few minutes each to upgrade those machines to PHP 5.2.13

Im with Martfox, (UK) and I do need a little “handholding” as you say…and they delivered.Never waited more than 15 mins for an answer from support, and they have gone out of there way to help when needed.

None of us were experts when we first started out remember!!

Refreshing after being with 1and1 (dont get me started on 1and1)

Thumbs up from me.

Another point to consider is credit checking the stabilty of the company you are signing up with…I do! because who wants to wrk with a company that isnt gonna be around in 3 months…

I’ve been with HostGator for years and upgraded to the VPS hosting as soon as it came out of beta and have been very happy with it. Good pricing, performance and support.

Sorry haven’t had time to respond on here.

I was considering switching to A2 Hosting. They seem to have good pricing, cs-cart recommends them, they have good reviews on the web.

Anyone have any experience with them? My Godaddy hosting expires on the 19th so I will probably switch by then if I do.

Some very mixed reviews here

[quote name=‘chipdougal’]Sorry haven’t had time to respond on here.

I was considering switching to A2 Hosting. They seem to have good pricing, cs-cart recommends them, they have good reviews on the web.

Anyone have any experience with them? My Godaddy hosting expires on the 19th so I will probably switch by then if I do.[/QUOTE]

If your serious about running a business go with a main stream hosting company with 24 hour phone support. Do a VPS using HostGator and call it a day.

Hello KBM,

Are you at HostGator now?

If so, why?

I do not come very often now, however, the last messages that I have read of you, you said be happy with your webhosting. That’s surprising for me…

Lee Li Pop