Right Host for Me

Based on what I have been reading it sounds like I should be moving from godaddy, not sure I want to though, since I like having everything centralized. Although my cs-cart install seems real slow considering I have almost no products on the site and very little text or images so far. I also disabled stats and half the other add ons.

1. I live in the USA, FL to be specific.

2. Can’t afford a ridiculous budget for hosting in the beginning needs to be affordable but doesn’t have to be dirt cheap.

3. I won’t be getting a ton of traffic probably 5 to 25 buyers a day in the beginning but most of my clients will be uploading 1 to 50 meg files on either checkout or through my file uploading feature on the site.

4. I will want upgradability if I start to get more traffic.

5. Need a big email

6. Speed is very important

7. Customer support is very important especially phone

8. good control over databases is important

9. Usability, I don’t want some convoluted complicated mess for a website access to my hosting account.

10. Reliability

So what are your recommendations if you think I should switch?

You can try Martfox with a free trial like some other users here, then you can stay with them or not.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]You can try Martfox with a free trial like some other users here, then you can stay with them or not.[/QUOTE]

Isn’t that a UK based company? Do they have USA data centers?

[quote name=‘indy0077’]You can try Martfox with a free trial like some other users here, then you can stay with them or not.[/QUOTE]

Do you offer phone support? He identified this a significant requirement.

Bob

[quote name=‘adodric’]Isn’t that a UK based company? Do they have USA data centers?[/quote]

It’s US company with both, UK and US data centers.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Do you offer phone support? He identified this a significant requirement.

Bob[/quote]

I’m communicating with “chipdougal” not with you. If he want to ask about something, I think he can do it by himself.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]It’s US company with both, UK and US data centers.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I didn’t know that. If I move hosts I will definitely consider them then.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]I’m communicating with “chipdougal” not with you. If he want to ask about something, I think he can do it by himself.[/QUOTE]

You are posting in a public forum - it is not up to you to who can and cannot respond.

Just for clarification, do you provide phone support?

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You are posting in a public forum - it is not up to you to who can and cannot respond.

Bob[/quote]

That’s right, but anyway here is a link especially for you: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiquette[/url]

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You are posting in a public forum - it is not up to you to who can and cannot respond.

Just for clarification, do you provide phone support?

Bob[/QUOTE]

Doesn’t appear so from looking at the site. Do you guys have some sort of history or something, I am detecting a little attitude :smiley:

Indy,

If you want a private conversation with someone than use the private message system. The public section of this forum is for that, the public.

Bob wasn’t being rude or discrediting you, he was just asking a question and making an obervation.

Brandon

[quote name=‘chipdougal’]Doesn’t appear so from looking at the site. Do you guys have some sort of history or something, I am detecting a little attitude :smiley:[/QUOTE]

You could say that. See the following thread for all the details (starting at post #15) - well what’s left after a number of posts were deleted - if you want to get to the heart of it:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15068&highlight=phone[/url]

The issue of phone support was raised in that thread by other people which questioned the value of the Martfox offerings - this is the reason I knew about it. You mentioned that as a requirement so I thought I would point that out.

I would actually have no problem recommending Martfox as they seem to provide decent service at a reasonable value but, like anything, it depends on what the requirements are.

Bob

Lawl, talk about etiquette, how about you answer the ****ing question fool?

What in the world is a “Lawl” ?

You foreigners really confuse me sometimes! :smiley:

[quote name=‘Struck’]What in the world is a “Lawl” ?

You foreigners really confuse me sometimes! :D[/QUOTE]

Lawl I believe is what lol sounds like when said aloud. It’s an internet fad that caught on.

[quote name=‘adodric’]Lawl I believe is what lol sounds like when said aloud. It’s an internet fad that caught on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification Adodric, I must be getting old, I haven’t even sent my 1st twit yet, and soon people will supposedly be sending me twitter payments… (sorta like thanks dude, now what am I supposed to do with this) :smiley:

Nice to see another post on here taken off topic by the same people :smiley:

[quote name=‘utilityempire’]Nice to see another post on here taken off topic by the same people :D[/quote]

bows

Personally I’m on CyberLNC, have been for 3 years and everything has ran smoothly for me, however be forewarned it’s for the knowledgeable rather than people who require hand-holding. www.cyberlnc.com

PS: Also renting a dedicated without fuss.

#7 will be your deciding factor however you seem technically competent enough to handle most issues, both Davids are available via email or better yet IM :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘utilityempire’]Nice to see another post on here taken off topic by the same people :D[/QUOTE]

No, I’m still missing here :wink:

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Lawl, talk about etiquette, how about you answer the ****ing question fool?[/quote]

That makes me crazy, really… sorry.