Rich Snippets vs Data Highlighting

Kingsleypress,

Thank you for responding. It's not that the Binpress Rich Snippets addon doesn't work for me. It does insert the rich snippets into the product default template. It just didn't include enough to get me the reviews in the Google results.

I analyzed your snippets and how they were applied to your number one bestseller and did a little research at Google on the subject and found that IF I edited the Binpress addon a little I could get the reviews included. The Google Structured Data Testing Tool helped discover that the author of the Binpress addon omitted one of the required values (“itemreviewed”) for an Aggregated Review. Additionally, the way that the meta tags are inserted into the CS-Cart default template doesn't provide an accurate count on the reviews, so I had to fake a count.

I can now only wait until Google has crawled the product pages again and see what my results are.

The good thing is though - we are not battling to get first page placement - you have very good placement for the pages that Google has indexed from your store. We are instead just trying to improve the appearance of those listings so the click thru rate increases. That's a good place to be!

OK thanks for the explanation.

Did you contact Binpress and let them know that their addon isn't working quite right? I'm surprised other buyers of the addon haven't complained. Maybe they are still waiting…

If they get it working right, their addon should sell quite well I would think, specially if they advertised it in these forums a little. It's considerably cheaper than the one I'm using.

I also joined the two - Binpress and Alt Team - respective addons together to fill the void, now I don't have any problems getting the structured data (“rich snippets”) showing up in Google results. As far as I am led to believe, much the same as having a Google 'star rating' showing in search results, your products have to have a certain number of reviews to be in with a chance. In saying that, one of my products is showing the rich snippets, yet one of my competitors has x10 more reviews for the same product, with the same information passed via structured data on both stores. Haven't yet quite figured out what this algorithm entails, but then, neither have Google.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1373151232' post='164942']

I also joined the two - Binpress and Alt Team - respective addons together to fill the void

[/quote]

Why do you need both?

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1373151495' post='164943']

Why do you need both?

[/quote]

There are certain elements missing or poorly implemented from both addons - I just took the required code from each respective addon and amalgamated them.

[quote name=‘StellarBytes’ timestamp=‘1373152500’ post=‘164944’]

There are certain elements missing or poorly implemented from both addons - I just took the required code from each respective addon and amalgamated them.

[/quote]

You should code your own addon and sell it to us. :grin:

• never mind -

Hello everyone,

We'd like to offer you our “Google Structured Data” add-on that works on our site successfully. You can find live screenshots of search engine results page on the “Screenshots” tab.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Best regards,

CS-Market.

Hello,

Just a quick note our, Advanced SEO add-on now also has rich snipped support (currently in QA and will be released within 2 weeks) it's a free update for anyone who purchased so far.

Regards

Steve