Restrict Products To Specific Customer

Is there an easy way to have products restricted to be shown to only a specific customer? So not the same as restricted to customer group or restricted to location, but restricted to a specific customer.

The aim is that some products are custom made for a specific customer, but it cannot be purchased by anyone else. So we want it hidden, unless that specific customer logs in.

I understand this isn’t a basic CS-Cart functionality, but was wondering if anyone knew of an add-on that has this or an add-on that is closest to my requirement that I can get them to customise?

Just create new user group for this customer and enable products for this user group only.

Just create new user group for this customer and enable products for this user group only.

Yeah, that is our current plan which works when a small number of users. But it start to get difficult when we have more customers like that. Did a bit more digging, and couldn't find anything that fits, so we may look into customised add-on for this function.

Yeah, that is our current plan which works when a small number of users. But it start to get difficult when we have more customers like that. Did a bit more digging, and couldn't find anything that fits, so we may look into customised add-on for this function.

Why would it get difficult? User groups are an awesome, super flexible way to do exactly things like this.

Why would it get difficult? User groups are an awesome, super flexible way to do exactly things like this.

I agree.. but usergroups are better if it applies to a group of users. But when close to 80 different people, each with seperate list of products - that are not shared - it becomes tedious.
Also we still use usergroups for it's normal purpose (retailer, wholesaler, preferred customer, etc).

So try to put not products to user groups, but category

https://prnt.sc/zko12z

So try to put not products to user groups, but category

https://prnt.sc/zko12z

That's much better! Thanks for that - I never considered categories as being the way to filter out, but it definitely makes it much easier!