Responsive Theme Width Settings

Hello I wanted to know how I can change CS-Cart responsive theme which is now set up as full width to center so its not setup as full width like a box type width in the middle.

Thanks.

Use the basic theme. By definition, responsive should adjust itself to fit the width of the device screen.

Speaking width… how can I check in the responsive design what width/mode the customer has on their screen, are there any session variable or a function to use?

I need in my paymentprocessor pass a parameter to psp so the customer gets an alternative (smaller) design for external paymentpage…

Something like …

if ($?? == $??) {
$screensize = 'mobile';
} else {
$screensize = 'desktop';
}

We would be glad to implement the required functionality. Please, contact us to get a quote.

Best regards, Alt-team

someone can share the solution of this? I have the same question. some help would be very appreciated.

thanks.

edit:Â

Â

.container-fluid {

max-width: 900px!important;

min-width: 280px;

margin: 0 auto;

}

Â

for example ;)

[quote name='gabbo' timestamp='1404533054' post='187006']

Speaking width… how can I check in the responsive design what width/mode the customer has on their screen, are there any session variable or a function to use?

I need in my paymentprocessor pass a parameter to psp so the customer gets an alternative (smaller) design for external paymentpage…

Something like …

if ($?? == $??) {
$screensize = 'mobile';
} else {
$screensize = 'desktop';
}

[/quote]

The responsive design does not have any modes (like basic theme and twigmo). It just adjusts the elements according to the screen width.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1405326125' post='187483']

The responsive design does not have any modes (like basic theme and twigmo). It just adjusts the elements according to the screen width.

[/quote]

Do you know how else to do? there is perhaps some information in $ _SESSION to use use?

It is a responsive desgn, not a mobile skin. Hence there is no information in PHP about the display. It is all handled in the browser and with CSS. There are libararies available that can query and store that info but it seems to me that your payment provider should be able to query at runtime to determine the size of the screen (or iframe) and adjust appropriately. You shouldn't have to tell it about the device.

By the way, we have integrated Mobile Detect script for several projects. Possibly it can help you

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1405326125' post='187483']

[/quote]

Is it possible via some jquery function to read users screensize from DOM?

Sure, but how you going to get it from javascript (in the browser) back to the server so it's availble to PHP. The browser may (or may not) provide the screen size/orientation in headers. But if they do, it is advisory and not absolute nor should you expect all browsers to provide the same header info. As eComm mentioned, there are libraries that can used to get the screen sizes and make that info available in PHP. But nothing is available in the cart for you to reference where is is already determined.

We are getting our site redesigned. First thing is we are gettin the PSD design ready. What should we suggest our site designers (they will only be designing ) as guidelines to follow for the design like the width, max width, height, columns, text layout etc so that we can code it as a responsive theme? We wil be using the latest version of CS-cart.