Require Signature During Checkout

I have a need to setup the checkout page to give the customers an option to require a signature or not when making a purchase. How can I set that up?

Are you talking about requiring a signature on delivery (shipping)? If so, create a shipping method for that.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1318555432' post='123678']

Are you talking about requiring a signature on delivery (shipping)? If so, create a shipping method for that.

[/quote]

I am not sure I understand what you mean. I have my shipping methods created, I just was looking for a way to include a question during the checkout steps that asks the consumer if they want to require signature on their shipping or not. Is that possible?

If you want signature on delivery, then that's a part of the shipping method and needs to be handled in the shipping method you are using. Carriers usually charge extra for signature unless it is insured. In any event, it needs to be both quoted by the carrier (if using real time quotes) or you need a specific method that adds a surcharge for signature or has different manual rates.

I do not use real time shipping. So should I just duplicate my one shipping method and have that where the consumer chooses the one with that requires shipping or one that does not?

So no way of setting up a yes/no type question during checkout?

You could use a mod like our Checkout Summary Fields. However, that would give you the information only. But if your shipping carrier is going to charge extra for this service (most do) then you'll want to charge extra for the service. If not, then you can set the pricing of the method any way you want. I.e.

Method 1: Next Day Delivery

Method 2: Next Day Delivery (signature required)