Removing The Cs Cart Link

How do you remove/edit the “CS Cart -Shopping Software” link at the foot of the page?

I've tried using Design>Themes>Edit content on site

But get a warning “Language variable name contains unsupported characters!..”

I'm sure there must be a way to modify this.

I'm using a Full licence.

[quote name='gal10' timestamp='1419264461' post='200600']

How do you remove/edit the “CS Cart -Shopping Software” link at the foot of the page?

I've tried using Design>Themes>Edit content on site

But get a warning “Language variable name contains unsupported characters!..”

I'm sure there must be a way to modify this.

I'm using a Full licence.

[/quote]

Just disable the corresponding block for the Default location:

Thanks, but that doesn't really help me. Perhaps what I should have asked is “how do I amend the Copyright information”, so that I can make use of this block, but for it to display information of my choice. Thanks!

in the new version you have to change te config file on your server … search for product in the file… containg cs-cart.com link…

but if you are doing this for seo purposes…the linking era is gone :P

Thanks John! Updating the Translations only effects the text displayed. It has no effect on the link embedded in that text - which out of the box points back to CS Cart.

I've managed to resolve my problem by locating the config.php file, and modifying the Product_url link.

Thanks again!

Thanks demeldoo. I'd figured this out before seeing your post, but you are absolutely right. Im not chasing seo, just didn't like the copy,or the fact it linked back to CS.

for security purposes it's better to hide when possible which software is running on the server

[quote name='gal10' timestamp='1419278862' post='200621']

Thanks, but that doesn't really help me. Perhaps what I should have asked is “how do I amend the Copyright information”, so that I can make use of this block, but for it to display information of my choice. Thanks!

[/quote]

But you can disable default block and create a new html block with the required text. In this case there is no need to change CS-Cart core files.