Removing Skin by Templates world

They have commented on this in the past (can’t tell you exactly where, although I remember reading a response on the forums).

If you remove it, then you are on your own & running a risk that someday the Template World Police will find you and you may end up in prison. :wink:

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I had a footer in wordpress template that I wanted to hide. I couldn’t just remove the code because it made it so that the template didn’t work. Also the license, blah, blah, blah.

What I did was use this bit of css:

#footer p {
position:absolute;
left:-3000px;
text-align:right;
color:#186B83;
}

I haven’t tried it myself because I only use the basic skin, but I bet this will work:

.bottom-copyright mini {
}

With this you aren’t editing the text or anything and as far as I’m concerned you are still within the license.

Of course I’m not the license police so if your site gets shut down and you get arrested and locked away for life, than you didn’t get this idea from me.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Hi Where do we place this code? I want to try it out. I’ve spent lots of time and money building my website and don’t think its fair to have to give them credit. I don’t mind buying the template from them to get its name off my site.

By the way I saw your website, I love salt water fish. Ive had one since I was little. How are you able to offer free shipping to your customers? Do you have a shipping deal or something? I would love to offer free shipping to my customers.

Thanks A Bunch!

AlmondJoy;)

[quote name=‘almondjjoy’]Hi Where do we place this code? I want to try it out. I’ve spent lots of time and money building my website and don’t think its fair to have to give them credit. I don’t mind buying the template from them to get its name off my site.

By the way I saw your website, I love salt water fish. Ive had one since I was little. How are you able to offer free shipping to your customers? Do you have a shipping deal or something? I would love to offer free shipping to my customers.

Thanks A Bunch!

AlmondJoy;)[/quote]

bottom.tpl, you can see the 'If copywrite statement", remove it

Almond,

The solution I provided was so that the message would still be on the site, but just not show. Even after re-reading parts of this thread I still don’t really know if the message can be deleted or not.

Either way, if you want to remove the message you can,

In skins/your-skin/customer/styless.css

Add

.bottom-copyright mini {
}

Or, in skins/your-skin/customer/bottom.tpl

Remove

```php {if $manifest.copyright}

{$lang.skin_by} {$manifest.copyright}

{/if} ```

Also, thanks for checking out my site. I have a 90 gallon bow front reef tank and really enjoy it.

As for the shipping, basically I am kind of forced to offer free shipping. Almost all of my competition does it and quite a few do it at a lower amount. It's pretty simple really. If the order is less than $250.00 the customer pays for shipping. If the order is more than $250.00 I pay for shipping. When I have to pay for shipping I have to take it out of my profits.

It's kind of a balancing thing I guess. I try to keep my prices low, but I have to have them high enough to cover any shipping costs while still making a buck. For the most part it works great. A lot of my orders are below the $250.00 mark and it makes it really easy. Most of the rest of my orders are between $500 and $800 so the profit margin makes it so it's not a problem.

Occasionaly I'll get an order for $255.00. These kind of suck. People usually add one small thing to ensure their order breaks the $250 mark so they get free shipping. Don't get me wrong, I'd do the same thing. The problem is that when this happens it cuts into my profits pretty good. I still make money, just not as much.

It works, but I just have to stay on top of things.

Hope that helps,

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Almond,

The solution I provided was so that the message would still be on the site, but just not show. Even after re-reading parts of this thread I still don’t really know if the message can be deleted or not.

Either way, if you want to remove the message you can,

In skins/your-skin/customer/styless.css

Add

.bottom-copyright mini {
}

Or, in skins/your-skin/customer/bottom.tpl

Remove

```php {if $manifest.copyright}

{$lang.skin_by} {$manifest.copyright}

{/if} ```

Also, thanks for checking out my site. I have a 90 gallon bow front reef tank and really enjoy it.

As for the shipping, basically I am kind of forced to offer free shipping. Almost all of my competition does it and quite a few do it at a lower amount. It's pretty simple really. If the order is less than $250.00 the customer pays for shipping. If the order is more than $250.00 I pay for shipping. When I have to pay for shipping I have to take it out of my profits.

It's kind of a balancing thing I guess. I try to keep my prices low, but I have to have them high enough to cover any shipping costs while still making a buck. For the most part it works great. A lot of my orders are below the $250.00 mark and it makes it really easy. Most of the rest of my orders are between $500 and $800 so the profit margin makes it so it's not a problem.

Occasionaly I'll get an order for $255.00. These kind of suck. People usually add one small thing to ensure their order breaks the $250 mark so they get free shipping. Don't get me wrong, I'd do the same thing. The problem is that when this happens it cuts into my profits pretty good. I still make money, just not as much.

It works, but I just have to stay on top of things.

Hope that helps,

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Hi Brandon- thank you! it worked like a charm! I appreciate the shipping knowledge also, I found it very useful!

thank you!
Almondjoy:D

That code didn't work for me on the package skin provided by Template king.

I did search their site and they specifically say if you buy the skin from them then you don't have to link back to their site, their templates are pretty cheap but the package skin but not the free ones.

From template king website…

“”

Q: Do I need to link to TemplateKingdom from the sites that I build using your templates? back to top

A: NO.

If you have bought a template from TemplateKingdom, you need not link to us.However a credit is always welcome.

Please note that if you are downloading and using free templates available on our website, you must link back to us.

“”

The package skin is provided for free with the cs cart and they should have made it clear before purchasing, if we use the free skins then we are governed by the skin designer and not CS cart.