Remove line spacing within shipping address.

I swear I posted something similar a while back but can't seem to find it.

Essentially I need remove all the spacing between lines on the order form of the shipping address. This would make my shipping much easier to cut-n-paste the information. I've played around in the past and couldn't ever get it quite right. Probably because I'm not the best at editing the tpl files. It seems that the address is at least double spaced but depending on what program I paste into there can be up to three blank lines between each line. This causes major issues when printing labels as I manually have to delete several lines in order to print postage. On a lot of my international labels I can't even paste into the postage program because it is limited to 8 lines and CS spaces it so that it has more than that. So I have to open something like notepad, paste the address, remove the blank lines, recopy, then re-paste into the postage program. That's quite a bit of wasted time per label when I could be printing 50 on certain days.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have this bookmark: packing-slip-space-between-fields

Check the template and if you have something Like:

```php

code1

code2

code3

```

You could modify the space between

s:

```php 1. use
:

code1
code2
code3

2. or just declare a class:

code1

code2

code3

.short {line-height: 10px;}

```

[quote name='colortone' timestamp='1318623381' post='123728']

I have this bookmark: packing-slip-space-between-fields

Check the template and if you have something Like:

```php

code1

code2

code3

```

You could modify the space between

s:

```php 1. use
:

code1
code2
code3

2. or just declare a class:

code1

code2

code3

.short {line-height: 10px;}

```
[/quote]

Thanks,....I think I did something like that before but couldn't get it work quite right. Now that I myself am doing shipping again I want to put a little more effort in. Do you happen to know the file that needs to be modified?

I don't know exactly but I guess is the invoice.tpl template. You can place some spy html tag, like

Let's see if this is the template

and if appear in the invoice, you got it.

If you have windows 7, open a folder with the cs-cart package, and do a search in the top right bar: “invoice.tpl”. You have to review one by one.

I'll try to look into later.

Do you know the shippingkit add-on? With it you can print shipping labels straight from the admin area.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1318661058' post='123742']

Do you know the shippingkit add-on? With it you can print shipping labels straight from the admin area.

[/quote]

I had looked into in the past but I have yet to see a demo to see if it is any more efficient than what I am doing now. Their website doesn't seem to “sell” it very well. Right now I am using Endicia with their Dazzle program with a 4XL printer. Works well, but would just like to eliminate some of the pointing and clicking to paste that I do now. With my old cart their were no spacing between lines. Since the software monitors the clipboard, as soon as you copied an address it would paste, verify and correct it so postage was ready to go. Now I have to manually click and paste. Not THAT big of a deal but when you know how it can work, it's really a waste of time (especially if printing 50+ labels a day). So eliminating the extra lines would help correct this. I'll try and see if the shippingkit is worth it.