Remove all but one country

Hello everyone - any suggestions how to remove all but one country (USA)? Everything else, so far, seems straightforward but I am looking at several pages of country listings and there is no obvious way to remove all of them in one shot.

I am in the section, Shipping & Taxes, Countries.

I then need to remove the Country label from all cart pages, but keep the shipping estimation function working; I removed the label code from the shipping_estimation.tpl and States became unavailable.

Thanks!

In Shipping & Taxes → Locations disable Default destination (all countries) and disable or delete Canada. Leave USA of course and edit to your liking.

Thank you Tool!

Unfortunately even that still leaves about 200+ countries in the drop-down on all Cart pages. I started ‘disabling’ all the others in the section, Shipping & Taxes, Countries - might be done by this time next month :slight_smile:

And then I would love to figure out how to remove the “Country” label and drop-down from the Cart and Checkout pages without affecting shipping calculation.

Usability has suffered in 2.0 in these areas. In 1.3.5 you could easily set “Available” for all items with a single click and then the Update button. Granted these items are only set once, but there are a number of other area in the Admin where doing thins are more tedious than in 1.3.5. New is not always an improvement.

Bob

Figured it out! Maybe the user manual could be better written, maybe we could actually read it, maybe the admin could be better laid out, maybe I should spend more time getting to know the layout of the admin…

Who knows. But I found the section, Users, Profile Fields and simply unchecked “Country” and all good!

I gotta admit, coming from Joomla & Virtuemart, CS-Cart is far better in every respect. It just takes a little bit of getting used to.

UPDATE:

Countries still show in the shopping cart under Estimate Shipping Costs - I still have a drop-down.

Anyone know how to disable the drop-down since we only ship in the U.S?

[quote name=‘Dave the Slave’]UPDATE:

Countries still show in the shopping cart under Estimate Shipping Costs - I still have a drop-down.

Anyone know how to disable the drop-down since we only ship in the U.S?[/QUOTE]

I opened the database in my CPanel and deleted at source, being very careful NOT to delete GB (UK).

that solved it!

BarryH

Sounds good but what exactly did you delete? I am not found of muckin’ around in the database least I cripple the whole Web site.