Release Candidate of the CS-Cart Professional edition v2.1.3

[quote name=‘alexions’]

Open fn.cart.php file.

Find this function: fn_calculate_shipping_rates.

Find this code:

$shipping_freight = 0;
foreach ($cart_products as $v) {
if (($v['is_edp'] != 'Y' || ($v['is_edp'] == 'Y' && $v['edp_shipping'] == 'Y')) && $v['free_shipping'] != 'Y') {
$shipping_freight += ($v['shipping_freight'] * $v['amount']);
}
}

And remove

&& $v['free_shipping'] != 'Y'

in the condition.

And now you should create your “XYZ” product with free shipping and $2 shipping freight. And when you buy it, the shipping cost will be $2 (as you need).

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Spasibo Alexander,

I shall give your code a try.

Do I have to remove the code or can I comment it out?

[quote name=‘Traveler’]Spasibo Alexander,

I shall give your code a try.

Do I have to remove the code or can I comment it out?[/QUOTE]

You are welcome :slight_smile:

It will be better to remove this code. In any case, you can easily restore it, if needed.

Thank you and wish you all the best!

Does this version add the cart contents block back in to the checkout page like the 2.0.15? or is this only a shipping related update.

[quote name=‘imac’]We’ve scheduled to release the final version next week. Now our QA team is testing the software and the upgrades.[/quote]

Can you please update the release date so that we can make plans?

Spasibo!

Shhh… Let 'em test it and get it right.

[quote name=‘Traveler’]Can you please update the release date so that we can make plans?

Spasibo![/QUOTE]

Testing is still in progress. I hope it will be finished next Monday.

[quote name=‘imac’]Testing is still in progress. I hope it will be finished next Monday.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the update!

I am looking forward to the new version.

[quote name=‘jain1980’]Does this version add the cart contents block back in to the checkout page like the 2.0.15? or is this only a shipping related update.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so! Please include this back in there!:smiley:

[quote name=‘TBOTECH’]I sure hope so! Please include this back in there!:D[/QUOTE]

This functionality will not be implemented in v 2.1.3. However, you can vote for this feature at [url]https://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional/suggestions/1260283[/url], and if it is actively supported by many CS-Cart uses, we will implement in one of the next releases.

Great Job on the testing process CS-Cart…keep it up and release a solid product! No hurry here.

Stu

[quote]

This functionality will not be implemented in v 2.1.3. However, you can vote for this feature at [url]https://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/...stions/1260283[/url], and if it is actively supported by many CS-Cart uses, we will implement in one of the next releases.

[/quote]

Still don’t know why we have to vote to get funcitonality returned that was removed. The notification of removal was obscure to say the least.

Just add it back and make everyone happy. You could even make it a config option if you feel that strongly about it.

I for one will not move to 2.1 (nor any of my customers) until it’s returned.

Hi All.

I’m testing RC. One small problem. All added to the database products have different date but the same time creating.

timestamp - 1296162000 and 1295730000. Always 16:00

My problem or not?

[quote name=‘imac’]This functionality will not be implemented in v 2.1.3. However, you can vote for this feature at [url]https://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional/suggestions/1260283[/url], and if it is actively supported by many CS-Cart uses, we will implement in one of the next releases.[/QUOTE]

I am confused. With as passionate as many seem to be on this issue why does it seem that CS is just blowing this off? Is CS really becoming this hard of hearing or stubborn? Why do you need “uservoice” to tell you people seem to want it? I seem to be able to hear the voice of quite a few in this post alone.

The idea that you had this fixed and then you “broke” it is bothering too.

We have moved on to 2.1.2, but I can clearly see why this option is very important.

They choose to listen to what they want to hear. If you disagree with their point of view you become promptly ignored. If you crticize something they have done or a choice they have made you get the same result.

Many of the most prolific contributors to this forum have all complained that this feature was removed and many of us will not move to 2.1.x until it is restored (or at least made optional). It was stupid to take it out and the notification of doing so was subtle to say the least.

The helpdesk is helpful, the development organization is arrogant and above all. I’m assuming management is aligned with the development organization. They can’t be that blind to the animosity that has been created.

Bottom line is Cs-Cart is profiting ($100) adding this for clients. When the well runs dry I’m sure they will return it as an option. They can’t be that stupid to see every major shop on the Net has the ability to edit the cart/mini cart while checking out.

It’s quite laughable and more amazing that someone in the forum hasn’t produced a paid addon based on all our suggestions. If I could do it I would have long ago.

Before my developer is finished with our site, it’s going to be added. However, the point is I shouldn’t have to have it added as it exists in my version now.

I seem to remember a useless drag-and-drop side cart that was implemented as an addon I believe by CS. Now why would you waste time developing this when no other site in existence has this function nor would any customers know what the flip it was.

Just put the mini cart back and make the email requirement for (checkout as guest) an option. Shouldn’t be the first thing that the customer gets in their face when they choose this option.

I’m done…just taking a break from adding product numbers to our database. Thought I’d entertain myself. Oh and thanks for the product testing once again CS. Should be a solid release when finished. Minus the mini cart;)

Stu

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]They choose to listen to what they want to hear. If you disagree with their point of view you become promptly ignored. If you crticize something they have done or a choice they have made you get the same result.

The helpdesk is helpful, the development organization is arrogant and above all. I’m assuming management is aligned with the development organization. They can’t be that blind to the animosity that has been created.[/QUOTE]

Tbirnseth,

There is a level of frustration & anger coming from you over this release and that can be understood given the fact you have not moved to 2.1.x for reasons expressed here by you.

At the same time understand that there are many users like myself who have no idea what was or was not in previous versions until 2.1.x. I think there are users on this forum also that can’t wait to see the release of 2.1.3 as soon as it is ready rather than sidetracking management or development of what should and should not be in this next version.

However, by constantly arguing about what should be or could be in this version a day before scheduled release is not going to help anyone and perhaps there is a better and more constructive approach to that.

Perhaps management & development should engage with this forum to ensure there is a Scope Document(what’s in & out) prior to the beta release being finalised so we don’t have a guessing game of what is in and what is not and why!!

The scope document should form the basis of any specification development which in return leads to the regression testing which you have referred to earlier.

If there is a clear specification document for the user forum we have a better idea of what we should be testing also.

I don’t think having a go at the management & development a day before the final release is going to bring any good for the user community. There’s gotta be a better way to approach this.

I for one would like to see 2.1.3 released if it’s ready for release, & if there are no further bugs or issues to report. I don’t think we will ever see a release that is going to be 100% bug free and meet ALL the expectation of ALL the users. That is the reality of software development and releases in any software project and that is why you have a scope document to over come user expectations.

Comments welcome on how we can move forward with a better and a more constructive approach with CS Cart for future releases…

that’s my 2 cents worth…!!:slight_smile:

mmmmyeaaaahhh…Bring the mini cart back!

Stu

Well said Sellon.

@sellon

It sounds to me like the community is trying to express concern…as they have been for several years. Maybe if CS would communicate more in this forum they would see more of what it’s current users want. Instead they try to push the “custom development” for something that was already a part of the cart in the past. CS seems to move forward a couple of steps and then goes backwards 4 steps. CS will take out stuff like the mini cart for no apparent reason. Sometimes the mini cart may be why someone switched to them.

Also, the forum is a great place to vent and for CS to learn. I don’t see where anyone has “flamed” CS. People are just stating information.

well said Clips.