Registry: Undefined Cache Level

[quote name='Faisal' timestamp='1388588708' post='174362']

Please advice where to get app/ folder ?? is it under root ?

[/quote]

Root (httpdocs) → app (folder) → Tygh (folder)

Upload/Replace with attached file.

Happy new year and I hope the main goal to build a stable version will come true this year.

Registry.php

Hi

While I can totally appreciate that a complicated product like CS Cart can have bugs, I for one would like to know exactly why this issue happened. It is very scary to know that a but can take so many sites of line all at once.

A very frank explanation from CS Cart should be expected.

Alan

Error 2

https://www.facebook…457462450989458

Is there a way to notify all CS-Cart owners?

I would guess the majority have no idea, another group is madly working to fix the issue without knowing the solution and for the rest of us working through the holidays who found this thread, we're lucky(?).

WOW how about not dying on us for something that you say can be passed…

you say to remove the die and cart will function so why is there a DIE command ?

wtf is going on here, site down for 15 hours, theres what 2000 websites down and all we hear is sorry for inconvenience ?

man if ford forgot something in the car programming and all ford owners couldnt start cars for a day and all they said was sorry , on 1/1/2014 you need to step on brakes and flash twice for car to start !

i think they would be pretty pissed no ?

please get your Agile scrum team to PRIORITY 1 , find any occurences of DIE that is not supposed to DIE…

make YOURSELF a fn_DIE that will EMAIL ADMINS on any FRIGIN DIE…

my 0.02 on this day off that i need to work for cs-cart AGAIN… i spenty over 6000 hours on this now. and counting… an enterprise version of a competitor would of cost less

having same problem. [font=ProximaNova, Helvetica Neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#000000] “Registry: undefined cache level” tried changing the time zone in Appearances as has worked for some others, but did not fix the problem. Any others finding the reason/solution to this issue?[/color][/font]

[font=ProximaNova, Helvetica Neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#000000]Thanks![/color][/font]

Removing the line from the file was the only way that I could get this fixed too.

I totally agree, when CS-Cart realized this was a problem, they should have sent out notifications to all of the shop owners. I had multiple sites down for hours. This definitely shouldn't happen. A lot of people using this software depend on it for their livelihoods and their sites shouldn't be down for something like this. Then, if for some reason they are down, they should be notified of the solution instead of having to search here on the forum.

Even at this point, it would be a good idea for CS-Cart to send out a message. There are a lot of people with stores that don't ever get on the forum. I think I got all of my client's sites, but I could have missed some. If the shop owner got a message, then they could contact me to fix it for them and they'd be back in business much faster.

Thanks,

Brandon

lol this is the year 2000 bug but 14 years late…

contact me if you need a quick fix for this bug ill charge a flat 5$

[quote name='vanderex' timestamp='1388602987' post='174380']

contact me if you need a quick fix for this bug ill charge a flat 5$

[/quote]

A FREE fix has already been posted in this thread by zeke, page 2, and here it is again:

[quote]

• open app/Tyg/Registry.php
  • delete line “die('Registry: undefined cache level');”

[/quote]

This forum is here to help people, not take advantage.

[quote name='zeke' timestamp='1388567353' post='174353']

Thanks, we'll do our best to avoid such problems in future. And yes, make the most stable CS-Cart release ever - is one of our goals for 4.x branch.

As for the fix - yes, your code is correct.

[/quote]

Hi Ilya - I am a bit concerned as earlier today, you had posted an official fix that included replacing the related function in the Registry.php. You had stated it was the official fix that would be included in the next release. I replaced the function with the code you provided and it worked for me, but since then it looks like your post with the official fix has been removed?

Can you please explain why it has been removed? I have that code running on my live store, is there something wrong with it that you discovered?

I didn't have time to examine the code to see what was the change so apologies if it was just commenting the 'die' out (which sounds like a bad fix to me), I've assumed it was a proper fix?

Thanks

Simos

[quote name='simos' timestamp='1388607550' post='174384']

but since then it looks like your post with the official fix has been removed?

Thanks

Simos

[/quote]

No its still there !

Another note, I was browsing web templates on Goog today and came across 1 site that ALL v4 templates demos were down…ho ho ho, Wait for that avalanche CS.

I found out about this by accident , I was adding an addon and was testing if it was working only to find out the store front was not accessable with the registery error, so I thought the addon caused the issue , I disabled the addon and still no go, I cleared the cache with same results. I googled the error and came across this thread. This is really bad, more than 15 hours with lost sales. A notification like the one you send out when you have a sale would have been very nice, I'm sure there are many other store owners who are still unaware of this problem , what a way to start the New Year.

Bugs can happen, but when a complete functionality bug happens on all stores with v4. The least thing they should do is sending an email. Imagine that your still on holidays, and find out you lost all your transactions and customers for this period.

I'm really disappointed, and I'm curios how CS-Cart will solve this problem for their customers.

Thanks Zeke,

Happy New Year…

Solved problem …

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1388604998' post='174381']

A FREE fix has already been posted in this thread by zeke, page 2, and here it is again:

This forum is here to help people, not take advantage.

[/quote]

I don't think Vanderex is taking advantage. Some people don't have the confidence to edit code, use FTP etc. Not a problem for me, but I'm sure some store owners would happily shell out $5 to have it fixed.

exactly scott./… ive seen around 10 people ask for the fix while it’s in here, and they asked 2-3 posts after the fix… meaning

A) they can’t do it because they are not the dev / programmer

B) they didn’t see it as a fix because of A…

and also most people are in vacation so getting someone rush at 150$ an hour is not an option for them , therefore i offered 5$ just to know im not wating time, and if charging 5$ is taking advantage, you either live in a third world country, or you didnt pay for the cs-cart license…

I finally got to my email and found lost sales because the Friggin store didn't work. Thanks alot CS-CART! I have the time zone fix going now but thats bullshit!

Matt Caswell

Dry Heat Embroidery

[quote name='simos' timestamp='1388607550' post='174384']

Hi Ilya - I am a bit concerned as earlier today, you had posted an official fix that included replacing the related function in the Registry.php. You had stated it was the official fix that would be included in the next release. I replaced the function with the code you provided and it worked for me, but since then it looks like your post with the official fix has been removed?

Can you please explain why it has been removed? I have that code running on my live store, is there something wrong with it that you discovered?

I didn't have time to examine the code to see what was the change so apologies if it was just commenting the 'die' out (which sounds like a bad fix to me), I've assumed it was a proper fix?

Thanks

Simos

[/quote]

Simos,

We decided to use the fix I posted first to not confuse clients with 2 different solutions.

Anyway, first fix resolves the problem completely.

Thanks,

how about telling about the fix posted first ? without ahving us scroll in these threads everytime.

my timezone is already set, i don't see why it would fix anything,

how hard is it to explain to us what is happening ? and what is the correct fix ?

actually you can remove fix reenable caching

this was a year 2014 bug but it auto fixes on jan 2nd