Registry: Undefined Cache Level

Hello all i have the same error

Registry: undefined cache level :( its bad happy new year for me its my shop :(

what no one can help ??

Change the time zone to US time and everything will come back up (at least until midnight!)

hello all i this its because time zone

i did change time zone for my shop from russia to my country egypt

:) its working now try it all

go

Settings: Appearance

change time zone fom russiar

[color=#008000]wish you all luck and happy new year[/color]

Go to Settings > Appearance and scroll to Time Zone. Change your timezone and it will work.

Timezone change works for me to… Thank you for sharing your experience.

My speical thanks to YOKKA & otlobo .

CS-Cart,

Could you post a perminant fix for us?

Hi.

The problem appears on January 1 2014 only and since January 2nd everything will be allright.

This is how you can fix it:

• open app/Tyg/Registry.php
  • delete line “die('Registry: undefined cache level');”

[color=#333333]Sorry for the inconvenience.[/color]

Btw, Happy New Year!

It's Jan 1st, 3am in Russia and we're working hard to fix the problem.

Thanks for your support.

[quote name='zeke' timestamp='1388529436' post='174337']

Hi.

The problem appears on January 1 2014 only and since January 2nd everything will be allright.

This is how you can fix it:

• open app/Tyg/Registry.php
  • delete line “die('Registry: undefined cache level');”

[color=#333333]Sorry for the inconvenience.[/color]

Btw, Happy New Year!

[/quote]

Thanks, works.

Happy New Year

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]works! [/font][/color]thanks zeke

and happy new year!

Thanks to all the members trying to resolve this issue. I was on holiday and only by luck checked the stores to discover they were not working. As you will know - most annoyed - especially as resolution required code editing. Anyway hopefully this is not what I should expect for 2014 as I am looking forward to an easier year! Happy New Year and thanks again.

Great It works Thanks Happy new year to all from

Same error here - after suffering cache related errors moving our site to production (had to manually delete all cache files per support) and a new directory yesterday, image issues after that (elFinder doesn't work at all) and now this… Happy New Year!

Zeke

Hope this will show how important it is for CS Cart to put up a stable version and not just go on adding new fancy 'improvements'

nothing is like building a Customer base who vouch for your product

Otherwise it will be like todays - ruining new year of customers and working on new years eve at 3 am to pacify frustrated customers

PS is the fix permanent ?

And should the correct code look like :

if (empty(self::$_cache_levels[$id])) {

}

// die('Registry: undefined cache level');
}

Now temporary fixed.

[quote name='newuser' timestamp='1388554132' post='174351']

And should the correct code look like :

}

[/quote]

[quote name='newuser' timestamp='1388554132' post='174351'] Zeke Hope this will show how important it is for CS Cart to put up a stable version and not just go on adding new fancy 'improvements' nothing is like building a Customer base who vouch for your product Otherwise it will be like todays - ruining new year of customers and working on new years eve at 3 am to pacify frustrated customers – PS is the fix permanent ? And should the correct code look like : if (empty(self::$_cache_levels[$id])) { } [/quote]

Thanks, we'll do our best to avoid such problems in future. And yes, make the most stable CS-Cart release ever - is one of our goals for 4.x branch.

As for the fix - yes, your code is correct.

[quote name='zeke' timestamp='1388568905' post='174355']

Sorry, forum formatted my code incorrectly. Just corrected it. Please check.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Hi Zeke

Happy New Year and thanks for working hard to find the fix ASAP - needless to say it's a serious bug and will cause distress to everyone running CS-Cart (as well as you no doubt).

Bugs will always happen but I hope this highlights the need to also find a better way of distributing fixes - I had started a discussion here: [url=“Better way of distributing fixes - Upcoming features - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Better way of distributing fixes - Upcoming features - CS-Cart Community Forums

I would guess that now it's a mess as some of the (lucky) customers like us thought of checking here, some others will probably be still struggling to find out what is going on and no doubt, you will have had a lot of support messages too. In this case if there was a 'message centre' in the admin section (like Magento), you would have pushed this to everyone as an urgent 'emergency patch' at least.

I am also quite concerned that important bug fixes like this will be included in new versions - due to customisation some of us cannot easily upgrade to newer versions so it would be really helpful if there was a way of applying important security and other fixes to our store without having to upgrade everything.

Anyway happy new year and hope that this will be considered at some point soon.

Best

Simos

[quote name='simos' timestamp='1388570823' post='174356']

Hi Zeke

Happy New Year and thanks for working hard to find the fix ASAP - needless to say it's a serious bug and will cause distress to everyone running CS-Cart (as well as you no doubt).

Bugs will always happen but I hope this highlights the need to also find a better way of distributing fixes - I had started a discussion here: http://forum.cs-cart…ributing-fixes/

I would guess that now it's a mess as some of the (lucky) customers like us thought of checking here, some others will probably be still struggling to find out what is going on and no doubt, you will have had a lot of support messages too. In this case if there was a 'message centre' in the admin section (like Magento), you would have pushed this to everyone as an urgent 'emergency patch' at least.

I am also quite concerned that important bug fixes like this will be included in new versions - due to customisation some of us cannot easily upgrade to newer versions so it would be really helpful if there was a way of applying important security and other fixes to our store without having to upgrade everything.

Anyway happy new year and hope that this will be considered at some point soon.

Best

Simos

[/quote]

Simos,

Message center in admin panel - it's a good idea. We'll consider it to include in one of the next releases.

Thanks,

I had same issue with [color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Error:[/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Registry: undefined cache level. Everything was working for me until 12/31/2013 and the issue seems started 01/01/2014. It got to be something related to Year 2014.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]After quick google search, I found cs-cart forum with many such had same issue and possible application bug. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]After seeing one response about [/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Time Zone change in Appearance (Admin console), I checked my time zone setting, it was set correctly to my time zone (which is US Pacific). I still went ahead re-updating the time zone to say US-Eastern and then reverted back to US Pacific. That seems resolved the issue.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='pradeep1' timestamp='1388585781' post='174359']

I had same issue with [color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Error:[/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Registry: undefined cache level. Everything was working for me until 12/31/2013 and the issue seems started 01/01/2014. It got to be something related to Year 2014.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]After quick google search, I found cs-cart forum with many such had same issue and possible application bug. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]After seeing one response about [/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Time Zone change in Appearance (Admin console), I checked my time zone setting, it was set correctly to my time zone (which is US Pacific). I still went ahead re-updating the time zone to say US-Eastern and then reverted back to US Pacific. That seems resolved the issue.[/size][/font][/color]

[/quote]

May be it was too soon for me to response. In fact while I was trying to reset the timezone, I had also a ticket opened with my hosting provider and they were troubleshooting too. Below is final response:

[color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]I left the lines commented. If the comments are removed the same error appears. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]You can contact the developers of that application for further assistance on this issue. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]My time is still 01/01/2014 and It looks like time zone reset may not be right resolution and commenting the part of code as mentioned in earlier response may be the right work around here. Below is the code line was commented:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]----------------[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]As suggested we have [/size][/font][/color][color=#b22222][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]commented[/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3] the following code inside the app/Tygh/Registry.php file:[/size][/font][/color]

die('Registry: undefined cache level');

}

----------------

[font=“Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif”][color=“#666666”][size=3]​I thought to share this experience. [/size][/color][/font]

[font=“Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif”][color=“#666666”][size=3]Thanks and have a great New Year. [/size][/color][/font]

Please advice where to get app/ folder ?? is it under root ?