Redirect

Hi ALL

I have a bit of a general question…

I have one main domain… www.maindomain.co.uk and several other domains…www.oneofseveraldomains.co.uk

Currently none of the domains are indexed so I need to have a page to get say google to look at, and all I want them to do is point to my main site with automatic redirects that tell the customer what is happening and why, as apposed to a server redirect which just takes them there!

My question(s) is…

a. Is there a way to do this?

b. and get say google to index the redirection page hence the domain will get listed?

b. Is this a bit of a NO NO?

Thanks

Barry:confused: :confused: :confused:

[QUOTE]all I want them to do is point to my main site with automatic redirects that tell the customer what is happening and why[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]a. Is there a way to do this?

b. and get say google to index the redirection page hence the domain will get listed?[/QUOTE]

There are different ways to automatically re-direct a page, meta refresh, javascript are 2 of the most popular and can be set on a timer.

This would display a page for however long you want and then redirect to your main domain.

The issue is you would still need “hosting” for each domain so you could actually host a page on that domain name in order for it to get indexed.

[QUOTE]b. Is this a bit of a NO NO?

[/QUOTE]

I don’t know who this would be a “NO NO” for. If that’s what you want to do, you can do it without issue.

Thanks for that!!!