Recommended by CS-Cart

I’m glad they are working out well for you. And like I said, I haven’t used them… Just havn’t heard much good about them. I think their one of those hosts who you either love or hate.

[quote name=‘Brandito’]I’m glad they are working out well for you. And like I said, I haven’t used them… Just havn’t heard much good about them. I think their one of those hosts who you either love or hate.[/QUOTE]

You know the old saying " no news is good news"

Hi every one i have a dedicated server which is hosted on rackspace.com i am running a cs-cart on it and have a lot or server resources left will be willing to share the server with any one and will help setup cs-cart i am in UK the Server is in UK as well my email is jamal@wplweb.com you may phone me on 08712884044

[quote name=‘jamal’]jamal@wplweb.com[/quote]

Nice template you’ve used there mate :smiley:

tray this company for cs-cart is so fast i have alot of customization of cs-cart and alot products and check how is work

my company is http://www.compreloonline.com

and hosting provider is http://www.banahosting.com

and i pay only 4.95 mo. not setup fee and i pay month to month and you have 30 day money back. tray this and you see

Well siteground is not the server for cs-cart, [COLOR=Red]very slow[/COLOR], you have to [COLOR=Red]pay for a backup[/COLOR] and there [COLOR=Red]support is a mess[/COLOR]. Also not the server for me, I think it is back to UK servers for me from now on.

Well it seem that my domain name is due for renewel on the 4/11/07 that i paid for at some point this year, but they seem to think otherwise, so they have already closed down my account on the 17/10/07.

[COLOR=Red]I do not recommed siteground to anyone[/COLOR] :-x

You get what you pay for, in this case $5.95 a month :rolleyes:

SiteGround is terrible. Customer service is slow and rude. They do not help much at all. Current situation with CS Cart installed, they limit my site …and blame that cs cart is a poorly written software.

CHECK OUT Jaguarpc.com I am currently setting up my site with. Seem like they got lots of positive feedback and forum to chat if you have any problem. Prompt response too.

We were monitoring the server that hosts your account and while

reviewing the logs noticed that your website ******.com was consuming a very

high percentage of the server resources (processors' time and memory

usage), thus endangering the overall performance of all the sites on

the server. In order to keep the server at normal CPU load , we had to

limit the shared server resources your account may use.

We have conducted a detailed investigation of the reason for the high

resource consumption and it turned out that a script executes slow

queries towards its database, which eventually hogs the server. The server

tries to execute your slow queries while making other processes stay in

the queue until some memory is freed. While they are waiting however,

they stack up and further deteriorate the problem.

The reasons for such slow queries can be several:

1. Large database
  2. Not well written scripts
  3. Large number of internal links that query the database directly.

Upon further investigation, it turned out that the following queries in

your account are slow and heavily consume server resources:

This means that your case is the one having a large database called

****_cscart. In order to have the limitations removed, please optimize

your script and/or database. If this problem with your website is not

resolved in 7 days we may need to SUSPEND YOUR ACCOUNT.

Please do NOT reply to this email. You can add comments on this issue

by logging to your Customer Area

([url]SiteGround Login) and comment the ticket that

has been automatically open on your behalf in connection to this case.

Sincerely,

Dimitar

System Administrator

SiteGround.com

While they were kind of rude, it would help if CS-Cart could streamline some of the queries used. There are a lot of JOINS just to get a description for information that is pretty much static and one-to-one (e.g., category descriptions). This also add to the considerable number of tables used by CS-Cart.

Bob

After reading numerous posts, it appears that there is a trend regarding adverse performance of CS-Cart queries and database structure inefficiencies.

If this is the case, then I would rather, for now, see that the CS-Cart code be streamlined and these issues identified and fixed, prior to adding a lot of more features.

If there is an underlying problem, then adding more and more features would make it harder and harder to fix.

So far, I have not seen anyone identify specific code or tables that are not efficient, but enough “smoke” to indicate there seems to be a problem.

I really like CS-Cart and it’s features, but I look at the long term and possible inefficient design now will impact the future.

Would like CS-Cart to investigate the allegations that are posted.

Thanks,