Realtime Shipping Rates Workflow

I am relatively new to CS-Cart MV and I am not sure if I understand the realtime shipping rate function correctly, respectively how and when the shipping is charged.

Is it correct that...

- To use this feature, the marketplace owner (me) has to setup shipping methods using realtime rates.
- To get the rates from e.g. DHL, I need to sign up with them and get Account Number Site ID, Password etc..

So far so good. Now a customer buys something from the marketplace and pays the total price for the product and the shipping costs (e.g. DHL). Will my DHL-account be charged in any way for the shipping or will it just be used to calculate the rates?

I assume the vendor gets informed about the selected shipping method and delivers the product using DHL. If I am not charged, will the vendor be charged when the item is collected by e.g. DHL?

I am relatively new to CS-Cart MV and I am not sure if I understand the realtime shipping rate function correctly, respectively how and when the shipping is charged.

Is it correct that...

- To use this feature, the marketplace owner (me) has to setup shipping methods using realtime rates.
- To get the rates from e.g. DHL, I need to sign up with them and get Account Number Site ID, Password etc..

So far so good. Now a customer buys something from the marketplace and pays the total price for the product and the shipping costs (e.g. DHL). Will my DHL-account be charged in any way for the shipping or will it just be used to calculate the rates?

I assume the vendor gets informed about the selected shipping method and delivers the product using DHL. If I am not charged, will the vendor be charged when the item is collected by e.g. DHL?

If you put DHL account for store owner. DHL will charge owner through his account. If vendor needs to use his DHL Account. DHL will charge that vendor.

Hi, thanks for your reply. After haveing done some more research, it seems that the quoted shipping costs are not directly charged and the account is only used to provide a QUOTE for estimated shipping charges. The charges itself happen not during checkout.

Can someone please confirm this?