Real-Time Shipping Enhancements

Hey All,

I have proposed the following enhancements to the CS-Cart team and would like to get your feedback. I feel these would be a great addition for any seller that is using Real-Time Shipping:

Intelligent Real-time Shipping Options - There are many times where I sell an item and the customer selects the wrong type of Shipping Method. For instance, I sell a pin or button (which is not USPS Media Mail), but the customer selects that method because it is less. If there could be a field similar to the Product Taxes section of the Product Detailed Information which would list all of the Shipping Methods that the seller is currently offering. The seller would click (highlight) Shipping Methods that would be removed if that item were added to the shopping cart. This would be an incredible breakthrough and would allow sellers to have full control over real-time shipping quotes.

Minimum Charge for Shipping - I sell a lot of smaller items that weigh only a few ounces, but I don’t want the shipping fee to be less than $2.00. Currently, if a customer purchases only 1 pin or 1 button, the USPS First Class will display around 0.63. It would be great if the calculation would display as a minimum of $2.00 (or whatever value is set by the seller) or the true real-time shipping fee, whichever is greater.

another way to handle it is allow you to select the shipping methods applicable to a specific product or category… then at checkout… only show the ones that apply to ALL the products in the cart (so if you have media mail stuff and non-media mail stuff in the cart, only non shows up because you can’t send non-media stuff as media)

[quote name=‘luckdragon’]another way to handle it is allow you to select the shipping methods applicable to a specific product or category… then at checkout… only show the ones that apply to ALL the products in the cart (so if you have media mail stuff and non-media mail stuff in the cart, only non shows up because you can’t send non-media stuff as media)[/quote]

None shows up is not a good idea…I think the best thing we can do is to get the accurate shipping cost. Hide which carrier it is and then we ship the order accordingly. Send tracking numbers and it is done.