Rant

I just moved servers for a client of mine and it took over 7 hours to upload the site via ftp. I have a cable connection but IMHO CS-Cart is so bloated with upgrades it takes forever.

If I have thought it through I would not have uploaded all those upgrades. They go on and on and on and on and on and on…

Use the “File Manager” in cPanel if available. FTP always seems to be a lot slower.

[QUOTE]If I have thought it through I would not have uploaded all those upgrades. They go on and on and on and on and on and on…[/QUOTE]

7 Hours (Reminds me of the old AOL dialup days)!

My gosh, don’t you remove the old upgrade scripts after they are no longer needed, or do you keep them “forever” as a “just in case”? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote name=‘roban’]I just moved servers for a client of mine and it took over 7 hours to upload the site via ftp. I have a cable connection but IMHO CS-Cart is so bloated with upgrades it takes forever.

If I have thought it through I would not have uploaded all those upgrades. They go on and on and on and on and on and on…[/quote]

When I move sites that are older than 30 days, I remove /var/upgrades/* completely. Helps a lot!

whenever possible, for transferring between linux servers I use ssh and rsync and the entire process takes under 30 seconds. You can also use rsync to copy the database.

Also helps to zap the sessions table in the DB as well as the log table.

Do note that if the site were being effectively administered, the older upgrades would have been removed from the upgrade center after a more recent upgrade was deemed stable.