Quick Search Pro & Con?

Quick Search Pro & Con?

I see the new addon Quick Search and it looks interesting.

Does anyone have comments good or bad?

Any special configuration advice?

Thank you!

I like it, quite fast. I add all my search words and it finds them. Need to clear the cache after adding new products.

I used the thread addon quick search but I lik ethis better.

John

I can’t seem to get it to work

Any advice on settings?

My customers will search by color and pattern mainly with a few product key words:

Example:

Product type B in red and blue with stripes

I put all my info in the search words field. Seems to work ok for me.

Edit the settings in addons to suit your needs and try different variations

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]I put all my info in the search words field. Seems to work ok for me.

Edit the settings in addons to suit your needs and try different variations

John[/QUOTE]

Thanks but it doesn’t work for me I must be doing something wrong

Whats happening? are you getting any results, do you have your serach word fileds filled, you may have search by product code only in the edit section perhaps?

JOhn

I get results just like normal before enabling the addon

No code ony

[quote name=‘Traveler’]I get results just like normal before enabling the addon

No code ony[/quote]

You need to generate the quick seach database from the addon setting (admin) before it will work.

Otherwise you’ve modified the template and removed code necessary for it to run correctly.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]You need to generate the quick seach database from the addon setting (admin) before it will work.

Otherwise you’ve modified the template and removed code necessary for it to run correctly.[/QUOTE]

I have already clicked on the provided link in the addon and cleared the cache still no results.

Any other possibilities?

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Otherwise you’ve modified the template and removed code necessary for it to run correctly.[/quote]

[quote name=‘Traveler’]I have already clicked on the provided link in the addon and cleared the cache still no results.

Any other possibilities?[/quote]

Exactly that :slight_smile:

Thank you for your suggestions.

Maybe I will try uninstalling and reinstalling…