Questions about Recurring Billing / Subscription

After upgrading from 2.0.8 to 2.0.12 for Recurring Billing, I have a question.

When viewing product listings, I can see my test item with the Subscription option enabled; I see the price in the listings, but once the listing is clicked, you don’t see any pricing or anything. You have to look for the “Subscription” tab by “Product Description”.

[B][url]http://restandrepair.com/shop/cent-light/test-item.html[/url][/B]

[SIZE=“4”]How do people subscribe?[/SIZE] There are no options or pricing even when you click on the item. And when you click the Subscription tab, there are no options to subscribe…

Can the Subscription tab automatically be active rather than the product description?

Thanks in advance…

Not sure why the ‘Add to cart’ button is not showing; it works in a fresh install of 2.0.12. Maybe a settings issue?

You can have the Subscription tab appear first by rearranging the tabs in Design->Blocks. Drag the Subscription tab to the top of the “PRODUCT DETAILS PAGE TABS” list.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You can have the Subscription tab appear first by rearranging the tabs in Design->Blocks. Drag the Subscription tab to the top of the “PRODUCT DETAILS PAGE TABS” list.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Bob. That at least solves the tab problem I was facing.

I’m not sure on Settings for the Buy button not appearing. Guess I’ll have to use some credits to contact CS-Cart on this one… unless anyone else knows.

Report it in the Bug Tracker.

From what I can tell, it works properly in a fresh 2.0.12 install but does not work on a cart upgraded from 2.0.8.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Report it in the Bug Tracker.[/QUOTE]

Task complete: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1723[/url].

Hi Were you able to figure out how to get the [COLOR=“Red”]buy/subscribe button[/COLOR] to appear? I did the newest upgrade 03/16/2010 today because I thought it would be fixed. But I still don’t see a way to have my customers subscribe to my subscriptions once they see the page. There isn’t a “add to cart” button. This would save me so much time if customers could subscribe online instead of me having to manually do it. Wish that option was available.

Please let me know if you have any updates on how to fix this. I am not gonna do a complete install and lose my settings.

Thanks A Bunch!

AlmondJoy~ :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘Sleven’]After upgrading from 2.0.8 to 2.0.12 for Recurring Billing, I have a question.

When viewing product listings, I can see my test item with the Subscription option enabled; I see the price in the listings, but once the listing is clicked, you don’t see any pricing or anything. You have to look for the “Subscription” tab by “Product Description”.

[B][url]http://restandrepair.com/shop/cent-light/test-item.html[/url][/B]

[SIZE=“4”]How do people subscribe?[/SIZE] There are no options or pricing even when you click on the item. And when you click the Subscription tab, there are no options to subscribe…

Can the Subscription tab automatically be active rather than the product description?

Thanks in advance…[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, this seems to be a problem only with upgraded carts that were originally installed prior to version 2.0.10. What was the original version you installed?

Bob

Hi- I am using CS-Cart 2.0.6 which I they installed for me. Is there a way to fix this without a new full installation?

[quote name=‘jobosales’]As far as I can tell, this seems to be a problem only with upgraded carts that were originally installed prior to version 2.0.10. What was the original version you installed?

Bob[/QUOTE]

Report it as a bug in the Bug Tracker.

I am not sure what is causing the problem. It works fine in a cart upgraded from an original 2.0.10 install but does not work in a cart that started out as version 2.0.9.

Bob

From CS-Cart support:

[QUOTE]We have investigated the problem and discovered that the problem was caused by the fact that there is the “view_main_info.override.tpl” file in the “skins/basic/customer/addons/recurring_billing/hooks/products” directory of your CS-Cart installation. There is no such a file in such a directory in the default CS-Cart. To resolve the problem please remove this file from the “skins/basic/customer/addons/recurring_billing/hooks/products” directory of your CS-Cart installation and clean up template cache. In order clean it up please remove the files located in the “var/compiled/customer” directory of your CS-Cart installation.

Please check it and let us know the result.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

sleven-

Thanks for posting that - it worked perfectly. Strange that different people all ended up with a non-standard file in our installations>:rolleyes:

In playing around trying to fix this, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the “Recurring billing” addon. That resulted in a big CRASH.

Bob

Hi- Thanks for your help.

I am gonna attempt. :confused: to do a new full install on my own. How do I save allllllll my hours of text for my catergories and product descriptions, meta descriptions…?

Thank you so very much

AlmondJoy~