QUESTION: How to upgrade from 2.08 to 2.10

Just wondering if anyone knows the correct steps to upgrade from 2.08 to 2.10. Never touched 2.09 since it was so bad. So, it’s clean. Thanks in advance.

You first have to install 2.09. I did the 2.0.10 upgrade straight after the 2.09 update and then fixed all the templates. As far a i can see everything works like it should be.

clear your compiled folder and cache.

then upgrade to 2.0.09

then upgrade to 2.0.10

then make sure this patch has been applied …

without it search engines will not be able to see your site .

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1476[/url]

One last question. The permissions naturally need to be 777 on var, images etc according to instructions. Which I did prior to running the install. Should I go back and reset the permissions again after installis complete as the skins and templates seem to be installed after the install is finished. And, naturally after the install, it likley added other files in var images etc that I don;t know about.

Is repermissioning to 777 a good idea or should I leave it alone aftert he install seems successful?

[quote name=‘AJCABRERA’]One last question. The permissions naturally need to be 777 on var, images etc according to instructions. Which I did prior to running the install. Should I go back and reset the permissions again after installis complete as the skins and templates seem to be installed after the install is finished. And, naturally after the install, it likley added other files in var images etc that I don;t know about.

Is repermissioning to 777 a good idea or should I leave it alone aftert he install seems successful?[/QUOTE]

setting permissions again can not hurt …

I did reset them all afterwards. Felt like I needed to based on some 1.35 and 2.07 experience. Several items seemed to not work as well. Maybe this was the cure for the other times. re permissioning after install.