Question about the mailchimp integration

What I want to know is by how much is mailchimp integrated into cs-cart

Does it include the sign-up for a newsletter subscriptions in the cart as well as those from the registration page and chekcout new customers?

Will it add the emails to cs-cart backend and also send them to mailchimp?

Thanks

B

[quote]

Does it include the sign-up for a newsletter subscriptions in the cart as well as those from the registration page and checkout new customers?

[/quote]

You can enable sign-up for one or more mailing lists. What you use those lists for in mailchimp is up to you… This is done via a block, similar to the cart newsletter sign-up block.

When an order is placed and the customer has left the “I’d like to receive special offers” checkbox as checked, the their email will be added to the default list and and Ecommerce record will also be sent to mailchimp.

The Ecommerce record is separate from a list. They are used in order to “segment” a list by criteria.

Best way to think about it is having a list of email addresses and a list of records about purchases. So I can find all the users that purchased my “abc” product in the last 12 months who are also in my “sales” list. This will filter the list down to those customers. But this is all on the mailchimp side.

Transactional emails (order notifications, abandoned carts, etc.) are not really supported by mailchimp at this time. However, we are looking at using pseudo-transactional emails (search for “transactional email” on the mailchimp site) for abandoned carts as a future feature.