Quantity discount AND a coupon

I just realized my promotions aren’t working right when using a coupon. And as I have read in the Bug Tracker that for promotions this is quite common. But not sure if this is an actual bug or I am just not configuring the promotions properly.

I need my CART promotion to use both a quantity and coupon at the same time. For example: Customer buys 3 items they get a 10% discount. If the customer enters a coupon they also get a 20% discount. So their total would be a 30% discount. But the coupon seems to override the quantity discount and the customer just gets 20% coupon discount. I have played around with priority settings but I have discovered (from previous issues) that the priority settings really do nothing. And I don’t have the “stop other rules” box checked for any promotion.

Am I missing something or is this not possible?

I suppose I can go through and set the coupon code up to include the quantity discount to but I have 5 different quantity groups so I would essentially need to make 5 different settings for each new coupon I enter. I guess if I HAVE to do it this way I can but it can be rather time consuming to set up for a customer that may not even end up using the code.

[quote name=‘IsItFast’]I just realized my promotions aren’t working right when using a coupon. And as I have read in the Bug Tracker that for promotions this is quite common. But not sure if this is an actual bug or I am just not configuring the promotions properly.[/QUOTE]

Do you have “Stop other rules” checked in the General tab of your promotions? This will prevent other discounts with higher number priority from being given.

The only other thing I can think of: In General Settings, uncheck “Allow customers to use single discount coupon only”.

Bob

[QUOTE]Do you have “Stop other rules” checked in the General tab of your promotions? This will prevent other discounts with higher number priority from being given.

The only other thing I can think of: In General Settings, uncheck “Allow customers to use single discount coupon only”.[/QUOTE]

I don’t have the “stop other rules” checked on any of my promotions. I did turn off the single coupon option but that didn’t seem to do anything. Even if it is turned off I can apply several coupons but of coarse only one actually gets applied to the total. So once again, there is another promotion option that does nothing.

I am totally disappointed in all these glitches within promotions.

Bob, didn’t I see something in the Bug Tracker that you had a similar problem that was fixed by upgrading to 2.12? I really don’t want to upgrade quite yet since I have so many mods done to the cart and I’ve only been live 2 weeks. But if it is a fix maybe I can figure out what code was changed.

Jacy

Looks like you are referring to this:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1484[/url]

It was fixed in 2.0.12 but it did not involve coupons, just discounts. It’s possible that the fix would also apply to coupons as well.

Bob

[QUOTE]It’s possible that the fix would also apply to coupons as well.[/QUOTE]

I’m wondering…seems like a very similar problem.

Just as an update to this thread the problem has been fixed by support:

I can’t get Quantity discount to work…Why?

Setting up the quantity discount promotion can be a little confusing. You may not have one of your rules set properly.