Purchase Gift Certificate

Hello,

in the “Purchase Gift Certificate” step there is a place to add products. what is that mean?

is that mean that except the Gift Certificate I’m also buying products (for my self), or does it mean that I’m buying Gift Certificate + products to someone?

It means that you are purchasing a gift certificate for the amount specified plus any products added to the gift certificate. You can verify this in the cart where the gift certificate price equals the amount plus the products you added.

Bob

Hi Bob,

So that’s mean that the receiver of the gift will get amount of money to buy items from the store plus the specific product that the gift Certificate buyer bought?

[quote name=‘minerals’]Hi Bob,

So that’s mean that the receiver of the gift will get amount of money to buy items from the store plus the specific product that the gift Certificate buyer bought?[/QUOTE]

That is correct. The items are listed as “Free products” on the gift certificate and they are automatically added to the cart with a price of $0 when the certificate is used.

Unfortunately, there is a bug which adds the free products to subsequent parchases when the gift card amount is not fully used on the initial redemption.

Bob

How can you disable the free products in the gift certificate page via the Control Panel. I can edit the template code, but don’t want to if I don’t have to.

[quote name=‘seven24’]How can you disable the free products in the gift certificate page via the Control Panel. I can edit the template code, but don’t want to if I don’t have to.[/QUOTE]

In Administration->Addons, uncheck “Allow to use free products” in the gift certificate options.

Bob