Proper Way To Test Current Store On Another Host

Hi,

I'm trying to test the performance of another host using my existing store/database. I transferred the site and update the config file with the new test domain. Everything works fine when I access the site (storefront and admin) the first time then the layout breaks. I re-did the process and experienced the same thing. I think it has something to do with the license key since it's not issued for the test domain. I can't find any way to change to trial mode. I'm using 4.0.3

[quote name='buging' timestamp='1396184637' post='180430']

Hi,

I'm trying to test the performance of another host using my existing store/database. I transferred the site and update the config file with the new test domain. Everything works fine when I access the site (storefront and admin) the first time then the layout breaks. I re-did the process and experienced the same thing. I think it has something to do with the license key since it's not issued for the test domain. I can't find any way to change to trial mode. I'm using 4.0.3

[/quote]

Did you edit the local.config file to the details of the new domain.

Alan

Yes, it's pointing to the new domain

Did you clear the cache from your archive that you restored?

My guess is that you got cached templates on the first go and then it flushed the cache and you got what is really configured there.

I failed to clear the cache after restore. I tried to clear cache after but no go (tried ?cc&ctpl and deleting var/cache). Any suggestions on how I can fix this? thanks

If you manually removed var/cache then the cache has been cleared.

In V4, there are DB changes that need to be made to use a different domain. There are some in the settings tables that are hidden from the admin view and need to be changed manually. I don't recall the exact settings, but do a DB search of the settings tables for your URL and you will probably find it.

@buging,

Please try to open phpMyAdmin, find the “cscart_companies” table and change store-front URLs from old to new ones.

thanks for the suggestions! it was a css issue and disabling CDN (cloudfront) fixed the issue for me.