Proper Way To Define A Product Attribute

Hello,

I am just starting on CS Cart MV and would like some guidance regarding defining certain product attribute.

My store deals with food products and these products have certain attributes, for exg, they might be vegan, dairy free, gluten-free etc. How should I define these attributes such that they are searchable using these keywords?

- Should I define a category called "vegan" and assign this category to suitable products?

I hesitate to define it as a category since it really isn't. For exg, a pizza is a category, a drink is a category, but vegan or sugar-free is really a property of these products.

- Would this be a product "feature"?

- Would this be a product tag?

thanks for your help.

Product feature is more suitable and you can add more keywords to 'Search words' field.

I agree with cscartrocks. Features is your choice

http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.3.x/user_guide/manage_products/features/index.html

Note that you will be also create filters by product features

Thanks Guys,

I was able to use the "Features" to convey this info about the products. Followup question:

1. This shows named as "Features" in the product description. Is there any way to rename it? Ideally I would like to see this being displayed as "Ingredients" or "Dietary Info". Currently, when I click on the Features tab, I do see a new feature "Dietary info" which is the new feature that I added. However, I would like the tab to be renamed to something other than Features.

2. Does the current product search look for keywords defined under this Features section? My experience says no, then is it possible to make search look inside this section?

thanks

1. This shows named as "Features" in the product description. Is there any way to rename it? Ideally I would like to see this being displayed as "Ingredients" or "Dietary Info". Currently, when I click on the Features tab, I do see a new feature "Dietary info" which is the new feature that I added. However, I would like the tab to be renamed to something other than Features.

Do you mean tab name? It can be changed on the Design -> Product tabs page

http://demo.cs-cart.com/admin.php?dispatch=tabs.manage

2. Does the current product search look for keywords defined under this Features section? My experience says no, then is it possible to make search look inside this section?

Unfortunately, CS-Cart search system does not check meta keywords of the selected feature. Additional code modification is required. As alternative, you can put selected feature variants name to the Search words field on the Update product page

Hi eComLabs,

This worked perfectly, thanks for all the help.

regards

You are welcome!