Promotions - if > quantity apply promotion

Hi,

I am having trouble with a promotion. I want to provide Free shipping when a customer buys 2 or more of a certain product when the customer is in the US (shipped from Australia).

I have it setup with the selected product and I put a quantity of 2 thinking that it would apply to 2 or more of this product. However it only appears to be working when an order of 2 of that product is selected. Not 3, not 4, not 5, etc.

I am just missing something silly in the conditions? I can’t seem to get it to work. I don’t want to have to create a whole lot of promotions for each step in quantity.

thannk you for any advice,

regards,

Damien

Has anyone experienced this problem?

My conditions are:

If certain product is bought AND the quantity is 2 or more of this product

AND

Customer’s country is USA

Apply promotion!

I have set the quantity of the product to 2 but it only applies the promotion if 2 of the product are bought. Not if 3 or 4 or 5 or more are bought…

Can this be achieved?

Thanks

Sounds like you have it setup correctly. Might want to report to the bug tracker and see if it is acknowledged.

ok thanks…so my understanding of how it should happen is correct?

yes i have checked the bug tracker and there appear to be 2 reported bugs id: 1109 and id: 2185 that relate to this problem

I temporarily added another Qty:2 qty condition to solve the same issue like you.

Just like bugs id: 1109 and id: 2185 said CS-cart shall use >= , not =

Did you get any responses from CS_cart?

I have the same problem, have to make several promotions (with 3, 4, 5, 6…) in order to make it happen, but if it is a bug, it’s an old one, because I’m running an older version with the same problem.

it was reported to bug tracker around oct. 2009 for v2.0.6.

Unfortunately, CS-cart 2.1.x still use = instead of >=

Look like it will be a very long year to see this change…lol

I am surprised nopt many others have experienced this problem, I would have thought this is a fairly common promotion?

I am willing to have a look and hack the code, does anyone have any ideas on where to start looking?

I need this to work, I have some customers ordering up to 30, 40 of this item and i don’t want to setup 30 or 40 promotions that are basically the same thing. For one if you then click on the Promotions link on the site you get this huge long list of the same promotion!!

Any ideas on where to look for this and i’ll have a go at a fix, Thanks!

[quote name=‘dp_ahs’]Hi,

I have it setup with the selected product and I put a quantity of 2 thinking that it would apply to 2 or more of this product. However it only appears to be working when an order of 2 of that product is selected. Not 3, not 4, not 5, etc.

Damien[/QUOTE]

If you give free shipping for 2 or more products then cant you just select condition where “number of products DOES NOT equal 1”

JOhn

I specifically wanted to give my bonus (free shipping) to orders of 2 or more of that specific product.

As it is, if you go and add a different product, the promotion applies to the whole order.

so if a customer adds 2 x promo product they get the free shipping.

Then if they add a completely different product (which we don’t necessarily have good margins on) they continue to get free shipping.

it would be good if shipping was calculated on the non-promo component of the order.

Usually our customers just order the promo product so this is not such an issue which is why I wanted to offer the free shipping to order of 2 or more of this specific product.

Are you saying that if I order 2 of ‘xyz’ and 1 of ‘abc’ and that ‘xyz’ weighs 2lbs each and ‘abc’ weigh 1/2 lb each that you expect the total shipping cost to be calculated (total weight of 4.5lbs) and then to calculate that I should only be charging for what it costs to ship 1/2 lb?

This would be very difficult to do for orders with multiple items (think in terms of 20 items). Shipping is usually based on an order and/or number of packages to ship the order.

Good luck with that calculation. You might want to simply figure an average shipping cost for your promo items and then just give them a product discount for that amount * quantity and leave well enough alone.

If you add a shipping cost in the shipping field at product level to the products that you dont want to give free shipping wont these be charged anyways regardless of the other promotion?

not sur emyself but just a thought

No idea off the top of my head. Like most of us, the OP should just try different things till he finds something that works for his particular situation and then post his solution back here.