Promotion Help!!

I wanted to start a promotion today (for queens Birthday holiday this weekend) but i cant get it to work. I want people to be able to purchase 2 pairs of legwarmers for $15.95. Ive followed instructions on CS cart knowledge base, but it bought the total order down to 15.95. SO if they have other products i dont want them to be reduced. Only if they have two pairs of legwarmers. If they have one, i still want them to be 9.95.

How on earth do i do this?

Ive done, cart promotion - COnditions (products - added all the legwarmers) (done this twice) - bonuses, ive done order discount, didnt work. and ive done product discount and that didnt work either.

I really wanted this to be running today, so if someone could please help me. The whole promotion thing confuses me! Thanks :slight_smile:

I don’t know of any way to do this. There have been frequent requests to improve the promotions so that “Buy X, Get Y” promotions are available. No progress so far - the developers have convinced themselves that the “Buy together” add-on is an adequate substitute.

You can vote to have this added to a future version in the Ideas forum:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/762406-buy-one-get-one-free-or-buy-one-get-one-50-off[/url]

Bob

Oh really? Seems like somethng that would get used often? I always want to do to for a discounted price. I ended up just doing a discount code for $3.95 that people can use… but would be nice if it was just automatic when people added two pair of legwarmers to their cart!

[quote name=‘TashNZ’]Oh really? Seems like somethng that would get used often? I always want to do to for a discounted price. I ended up just doing a discount code for $3.95 that people can use… but would be nice if it was just automatic when people added two pair of legwarmers to their cart!

how about doing it in quantity discount? that is automated just without the popup notice.

Yea i thought of that, but i would have to sit there and update every product, and it was only for a one day sale. You cant do bulk updates for quantity discounts can you?

No but you can import them via csv.

export qty discounts in admin/export to see the fields then deduct a percent off all and re import just the qty discount price fields

backup bakup backup

JOhn