promotion / discount to selected option only

I know how to create a promotion to a product. However, is there a way apply discount to selected options only.

For example. Only the T-shirt in blue color is on sale. Other colors is at regular price. Thank you!

[quote name='grabbags' timestamp='1318621702' post='123726']

I know how to create a promotion to a product. However, is there a way apply discount to selected options only.

For example. Only the T-shirt in blue color is on sale. Other colors is at regular price. Thank you!

[/quote]

In the options of the Blue shirts put the option modifier @ minus £2.00 or whatever This would then drop thne price of the blue shirt only. Then you would have to work out how to mix this with your promotion material or rather how to tell everyone the Blue shirt is on Sale etc.

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1318700415' post='123760']

In the options of the Blue shirts put the option modifier @ minus £2.00 or whatever This would then drop thne price of the blue shirt only. Then you would have to work out how to mix this with your promotion material or rather how to tell everyone the Blue shirt is on Sale etc.

John

[/quote]

Thank you for your advice, johnbol1. In fact, I have a case break in place. Using plus or minus cannot set a fix discounted price.

[quote name='grabbags' timestamp='1318972661' post='123987']

Thank you for your advice, johnbol1. In fact, I have a case break in place. Using plus or minus cannot set a fix discounted price.

[/quote]

Does OK for me In the option modifier put minus figure for the modifier.

I have a sign at 500x500 costs £30, but I also have an option for it to be only300x300 and this has a discount of £10.The reason I do it this way is the material comes in 500x500 so to have it cut down is wasting material.

John

Hi JohnBol1,

I have retail and wholesale user groups. Each of my products has 4 options (red shirt, blue shirt, green shirt, yellow shirt)

How would I apply the following discounts to the wholesale user group only?

39% disount to red shirt

41% discount to blue shirt

40% discount to green and yellow shirts

Question for the developers:

I'm finding that the ability to apply variable discounts to product options is not possible without custom coding. Is the CS-Cart team looking in to making variable discounts available to product options as described in my post above?

Thanks, CS-Cart is a dream to work with in every other area.

Good idea Jrchew,

I need that too. It would be perfect to have possibility to choose if to apply promotion to entire product with all options or particular option variant (based on product code “for example”), So one option variant may have 30% discount another one 45% discount and for eaxample others without discount…the discount icon in this case should be next to the option…

[quote name='sok777' timestamp='1341749230' post='140144']

Good idea Jrchew,

I need that too. It would be perfect to have possibility to choose if to apply promotion to entire product with all options or particular option variant (based on product code “for example”), So one option variant may have 30% discount another one 45% discount and for eaxample others without discount…the discount icon in this case should be next to the option…

[/quote]

In individual product options you can have the modifiers take a percentage off any option/variant by using the minus sign

John

Thanks for reply John,

but to use modifiers with minus is not really the solution in my case.

If I have one product available in 10 sizes, Instead of creating 10 products for every size I prefer to create one product with 10 option variations. General price in this case will be 0 and options price (modifiers) will be current price for every size. Now I would like to make promotion for this product, but not for all sizes. So I would like to set up for example -30% for size A and 45 % for size C, the other sizes will stay without promo. I can choose options if it is “cart promotion”, but I want to be able to choose options also for “catalogue promotions”.

So far I figure out how to activate options picker under conditions in catalogue promotions for products. But I am little bit stuck how to show it in the right way on product page. I mean old price, new price and discount % label next to the option which has active promo…

to activate it in schema.php in the schemas/promotions/

I changed on line 59

'type' => 'links',

to

'type' => 'table',
'aoc' => true

so I tested in front office and it is working!!! I mean I created 2 promotion for one product for different product options with different discount (in catalogue mode). It works on change (reload) of options but the problem is how to hide Label and save price for options which do not have discount…

Any idea what would be the right condition statement?

the solution to hide “empty labels” is in my other post.

Now we have[size=4] "promotion / discount to selected option only[/size]"

hope it helps to save time to somebody.