Promotion Configuration

How can I setup promotion like

2 products bought in

http://demo.cs-cart.com/office-supplies/safes/

category, products gets - 10% discount?

For example if customer buy many products but among them are

AIKO SAFE Model AS 180 Office Safe with o...

$32,750.00

and

AIKO SAFE Model AS 53 Home Safe, Horizont...
$11,375.00
they both get -10% in cart.

Hi

I have not tested this fully but you could try something like this.

Add a Cart promotion

Conditions

Total products in the Cart equal or greater than 2

Condition

Categories in safes

Bonuses

Discount on products and add whatever product you want in the promotion.

Alan

I made promo as you explained.

Adding 2 products one from category A other from category B, since there are 2 products in cart, promotion is applied. I want apply discount only if both are from category A but promo is triggered also if second is from category B.

Adding 2 products one from category A other from category B, since there are 2 products in cart, promotion is applied. I want apply discount only if both are from category A but promo is triggered also if second is from category B.

I just set it up and you are correct, but I did say that I had not tested.

The discount is not applied when you add multiple products from other categories. but if you then add a single product from the safes category the discount is applied.

This is because the setting equal or greater than 2 product is applied. The trick is to understand that all of the conditions are applied before the promotion is applied.

You need to play around with the logic and see if you can get the results you want. I am quite busy right now will have think about it and revert.

I just noticed that there is an option to total product weight as a condition. Do you use product weights to calculate your shipping?. You could play around with this to get the results you need.

Alan

HI

I tested the additional weight condition by setting it to a large number greater or equal to 1000

I then set the weight of product is a category, each one to 500.

The promotion works as you have asked.

As safes are a very heavy item this should do the job. Just take the overall weight of the two lightest safes and use this as the figure for your condition. But you will have to take into account other factors if you are using weight to calculate you shipping charges.

Alan

Alan