Promotion: Added Group products. Where is the group on live site?

I used the Catalog Promotion, Add condition inside the promotion section so that I could discount a large group of products. The promotion was set up fine. But when I go to my live site, how do I find the group? They are not showing up in sort by discount, but if you look up each product individually through the search you will see the discount. So I'm looking for a way to post a block, or link to all the items that are on sale with this promotion. Anyone have any ideas?

Hello bb3,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, there is no special page where all the products with the discounted prices are displayed together in default CS-Cart. However, I can suggest you the following workaround on this:

1. In your CS-Cart admin panel, add a new category on the Products > Categories page and name it something like Product on Sale.
  2. Go to Products > Products, find a product that is on sale and open the editing page of this product.
  3. Add the created category as a secondary one in the Categories section and click the Save button.
  4. Repeat steps 2-3 for all the products which are on sale. You can also use the instructions of the following Knowledge base article in order to add this category as a secondary one to all the necessary products at once:

http://kb.cs-cart.co…ue-all-products

After this a customer can just open this category in the storefront and he/she will see all the products which are on sale.

Please check if this solution suits you.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

This is very disappointing. Looks like an opportunity for someone to make a mod or I’ll have to get a custom mod done. As I mentioned in the post above, I plan to “[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=”#282828"]discount a large group of products". Going in and manually adding every single product will not work for a large group of products. I have more important things to do with my time. It is good to know the work around because if I only had a few products it would be fine, but I can’t believe you have the option to set up a sale for a group of products, but the group of products can not be found on the live website as a group. :confused: For example: a Black Friday sale. No one will search your entire site looking for the sales. The customer wants to click on a link, box, category, etc and see all the products available for that sale[/color][/font][font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”].[/color][/font]

Hello bb3,

Thank you for the reply.

I really understand your disappointment regarding this matter. Surely, it would be better to have this feature by default in CS-Cart so that you do not have to do any time-consuming operations to display such a product on a single page. So I have forwarded this idea as a feature request to our engineers. They will certainly consider it and most probably it will be added to one of the next CS-Cart releases.

As regards the workaround provided by me, I mentioned that you do not need to assign the created category to products one by one. You can use instructions of the following Knowledge base article in order to add this category as a secondary one to all the necessary products at once:

http://kb.cs-cart.co…ue-all-products

If you wish, you can contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your CS-Cart admin panel by clicking on the Add record link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that our technical support engineer could assist you in this matter.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team