Products Showing up in Main Categories

Hi,

I have recently noticed that my site was running slow when I click on the main categories. I have come to the conclusion that it is taking forever to load the page because it is loading all the products inside of the below categories. I would like for the products to only show in the final category. For instance say my category systems was Products>Clothing>Men's>Casual Wear, Business Attire, Athletic Wear…etc. Where the products would only be displayed once you click on a final subcategory. I have attached a screenshot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Avery

siteScreenShot1.jpg

Settings->General: Show products from subcategories of the selected category: uncheck

Thank you for this. I have made the change. Still isn't showing the change yet, however I'm sure it will work once I restart my browser. Thanks again.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1368222303' post='161617']

Settings->General: Show products from subcategories of the selected category: uncheck

[/quote]

I unchecked this and still products are appearing. could there be a config set to the category in the DB that is set on creation of the category?

Did you clear cache?

Just cleared the cache and the products are still showing up in the main categories. Any idea of why the setting isn't working properly? Or do you have any other suggestions.

-Avery

Cart cache? /admin.php?cc

When we cleared the cart cache that did the trick. It's working now. Thanks for all your help.

-Avery