Product Weight

I see the product weight in the database located in table cscart_products. The weight shows 3 decimal places (example 12.930). Once an order has been entered, if I look in cscart_order_details the weight is displayed with only 2 decimal places and everything after the decimal is set to zero (example 12.00).

I don't have a copy of CS-Cart installed without any add-ons so I'm trying to figure out what is causing the weight to be changed once an order is written to the database. Can someone tell me if the weight entered in cscart_in table order_details is part of an add-on? If this is core CS-Cart has anyone else experienced this or can you tell me how to fix it?

Screen prints

order_example.jpg

I *believe* the decimal places are only used during calculation and that the 'total weight' in an order (or a package) is used as an integer. I.e. 3 items at 1.55 pounds will become 5 pounds at checkout and for shipping calculations.

It looks like a bug. Try to post issue to the bug tracker and wait for the official answer from CS-Cart team

I reported this as a bug and unfortunately it seems that this field is created by an add-on. I've emailed the creator several times and he no longer responds to my emails.

Anyone interesting in creating an add-on that displays the total weight of an order?

I reported this as a bug and unfortunately it seems that this field is created by an add-on. I've emailed the creator several times and he no longer responds to my emails.

Anyone interesting in creating an add-on that displays the total weight of an order?

Try this: http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/site-management/wsa-total-weight-of-order.html?sl=en

John, that is the add-on that I am currently using.

Just to be fair, the creator initially responded to me and did apply changes. He told me that he thought I had other add-ons that were causing a conflict. I disabled the add-ons he mentioned and still got the same result. I installed a local copy with only the weight add-on installed and still got the same result. I have not heard back since I reported that I still got incorrect weight totals with no other add-ons installed. The creator's demos show the weight being calculated correctly but mine does not. I don't know if I have a problem with my install or if something else is going on. I just need to be able to calculate the total weight of an order. We ship based on weight so I have to provide an accurate weight to the trucking companies.

I use this addon and works ok to 3 decimals, I use grams as weights, so 0.250 would be 1 quarter of a kilo

Happy to give you a quote for showing the total weight of an order. Just need you to give me the specs you want (I.e. where to display, include in invoices, or only on screen, etc.). Click the "get a quote" link in my signature.

Our team is also at your service

Have you seen our module "Total shipping weight"?

Best regards,

Alt-team.

Have you seen our module "Total shipping weight"?

Best regards,

Alt-team.

Yes. I filled out your contact us form because it doesn't show that it will work with 4.6.x. The response was a link to the one I already have that isn't working for me.

Yes. I filled out your contact us form because it doesn't show that it will work with 4.6.x. The response was a link to the one I already have that isn't working for me.

Thank you for the answer. Yes, the developer hasn't updated this add-on yet. If they find time to update it before New Year, I will send you a PM and post news here.

Best regards,

Alt-team.

Here is a fix of this problem (app/addons/wsa_total_weight_order/func.php file): http://prntscr.com/hix15jIn case somebody face it in future, or developers of this addon will see it. :)