Product Variations & Category Page

Hi,

I have some products that I use "Variations as one product" to create the different product options that are available. This portion of the store is working fine. My problem is on the catalog page. Before when we used options then the Add to Cart button was replaced with Select Options. Now it only shows Add to Cart and if they click that it just adds the parent product. Is there a way to make it show Select Option (or some other words) and take them to the product details page?

Thanks!

Hello Cindy,

As far as I remember, the button "Select Options" was appearing only when one or more options assigned to product was required (so customer was not able to add product to cart, without selecting options first).

With the introduction of feature-based product variations, every combination of features is a separate product, and there is no "required" features, so button "Select Options" is unavailable if you're using variations based on features. There's no way to enable it back.

Best regards,

Robert

This change will be available in the version 4.11.2.

This change will be available in the version 4.11.2.

I just upgraded to 4.11.2 but I don't see a way to set selection on product variation in category view. They are switchable in cart but you cannot switch them in the category.

I just upgraded to 4.11.2 but I don't see a way to set selection on product variation in category view. They are switchable in cart but you cannot switch them in the category.

Sorry about the wrong information. The change mentioned in the first post got introduced in 4.11.3 (see "Apparel > Men's clothing" in the demo.

Is there a way to make it show Select Option (or some other words) and take them to the product details page?