Product Title Truncate Value Added To Admin Options

It would be handy to have the ability to set the product title truncate number in admin so it’s set in the database and not in the template files.

example, in product_data.tpl you have {$product.product|truncate:45:“…”:true nofilter} - which sets the product title to 45 characters and cuts off any more characters with a … in it’s place - so for products with long titles it needs to be a higher number to have the complete title show up without truncating it.

I know it can be sorted with my_changes to avoid resetting each update but being able to set the default as a design option in admin and have it stored in the database would be one less thing to have to fiddle with from the designers point of view and also help with on the fly changes as new products may require a longer title.

cheers!

It would be handy to have the ability to set the [b]product title truncate number[/b] in admin so it's set in the database and not in the template files.

example, in product_data.tpl you have {$product.product|truncate:45:"...":true nofilter} - which sets the product title to 45 characters and cuts off any more characters with a .... in it's place - so for products with long titles it needs to be a higher number to have the complete title show up without truncating it.

I know it can be sorted with my_changes to avoid resetting each update but being able to set the default as a design option in admin and have it stored in the database would be one less thing to have to fiddle with from the designers point of view and also help with on the fly changes as new products may require a longer title.

cheers!

Hi

I kmnow its a long time but this is your solution and its free

http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/42882-free-addondvs-category-grid-lookz/?fromsearch=1

Fotis