Product Tabs?

Do we have the ability in 2.0 to add product tabs with our own contetn on the product details page? For example, I like to add videos with certain products on a “video” tab. Is this possible with 2.0?

And this tab would not be “global” (i.e. not for every product), but only for products that have videos associated with them.

This is the addon that Snorocket has been talking about in his group. I am also wanting to figure out what is going on with this, but I have been too lazy to send an email.

One of the last emails I got from him stated that since CS-Cart was going to put Product tabs in the first service pack of 2.0 that they weren’t going any further on the development of product tabs for this first version.

I am hoping that Sno or someone will weigh in on this since product tabs is something that I use quite a bit.

Brandon

So there is no way in 2.0 to do something like embed a video for a specific product?

Knoxbury,

If you go to sno’s website, he stated that there is a way in 2.0 to use banners that would create a tab for a product. I never tried it since I don’t have 2.0. But, there seems to be a way.

Sno did indicate that cs-cart may be incorporating the Product Tabs mod in a later version of 2.0, not the first release.

Maybe Sno will respond to your post to clarify.

to add custom product tabs in CS2 follow these steps:

```php

1. Click the “Banners”link in the “Content” tab in the admin panel.
  2. Add a new banner with the “Text banner” type (for example, Tab 1)
  3. Then click the “Blocks” link in the “Design” tab and select the “Products” section.
  4. Add a new block using the following parameters:

Name: Test tab

Block content: Banners

Filling: Manually

Position: Product details page

Appearance type: Original

Wrapper: –
  5. Then go to the product detail page and add the “Tab 1” test banner for the “Test tab”block in the “Blocks”tab.

As a result, you will see a new tab titled “Test tab”on the product detail page.

```

Thanks . . . that seems like a “clumsy” implementation compared to your setup in 1.3.5.

[quote name=‘knoxbury’]Thanks . . . that seems like a “clumsy” implementation compared to your setup in 1.3.5.[/QUOTE]

I just put in a feature request in the Bug Tracker. It seems ridiculous that one needs to create a banner for every product-specific tab.

Bob

I must agree - good idea but rather the long way around and hidden in confusion.

Myself I am still learning CS2 so cannot really pass judgement, however what was once a good cart is now a great cart…

I can only pay tribute to those members of this forum such as snorocket for their input and time to help us all out.

Enough said I think!

However, can i ask one question while on the topic of Product Tabs?

Product features and the ajax tabs it generates on the product page…

Would I be correct in assuming that these are NOT of a search engine friendly design? By this I mean search engines will not link to them? :confused:

If i am correct can someone expand on why such a great cart is let down by a tiny but important feature.

[quote name=‘knoxbury’]Thanks . . . that seems like a “clumsy” implementation compared to your setup in 1.3.5.[/QUOTE]

I was told that my product tabs addon would be included in CS2, but when I have no idea, I’ve hammered them enough about it, they know…

i’m running a videos site now, i need some tab function like this

it’ll show the selected video actress name as tabs, eg. Steven Seagal

so the visitor can click it and show more of his videos

[quote name=‘sai’]i’m running a videos site now, i need some tab function like this

it’ll show the selected video actress name as tabs, eg. Steven Seagal

so the visitor can click it and show more of his videos[/QUOTE]

which version are you running?

Thanks - Sno

[quote name=‘Demon Templates’]However, can i ask one question while on the topic of Product Tabs?

Product features and the ajax tabs it generates on the product page…

Would I be correct in assuming that these are NOT of a search engine friendly design? By this I mean search engines will not link to them? :confused:

If i am correct can someone expand on why such a great cart is let down by a tiny but important feature.[/QUOTE]

Product tabs get crawled, i checked my google cache for reviews and description, so seo it to the max. BTW I would also like to see custom tabs.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I was told that my product tabs addon would be included in CS2, but when I have no idea, I’ve hammered them enough about it, they know…[/QUOTE]

When and where? Already included? In 2.0.4?

Thanks in advance.

even with the patch they put out for blocks in 2.0.5, my banners aren’t sticking in the tabs. It’s there when the page begins to load, but then disappears when it completely loads! (yes, my pages are loading that slowly)

With the latest version & fiddling around, follow Snorocket’s direction but also make sure in the product you want to assign the tab under ‘blocks’, click on ‘Listed Items’ and ‘add’ the ‘banner’ you created. It should work :slight_smile:

Mine wasn’t sticking either until I added the banner on listed items also.

[quote name=‘btrials’]With the latest version & fiddling around, follow Snorocket’s direction but also make sure in the product you want to assign the tab under ‘blocks’, click on ‘Listed Items’ and ‘add’ the ‘banner’ you created. It should work :slight_smile:

Mine wasn’t sticking either until I added the banner on listed items also.[/QUOTE]

But if you want to show something different on other item you can’t change them :frowning:

[quote name=‘miracles’]But if you want to show something different on other item you can’t change them :([/QUOTE]

You can create as many banners and tabs as you need and assign them to products appropriately. It is not a very elegant solution and is supposed to be improved in a future update.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You can create as many banners and tabs as you need and assign them to products appropriately. It is not a very elegant solution and is supposed to be improved in a future update.

Bob[/quote]

This is what I did…better than not being able to, I’m really starting to like CS2!

If you use the suggested method of creating Tabs, is there a way to:

Add same tag to 140 products.

Change/edit the contents in one place and have it apply to all 140 products (similar to Sno’s Global Product Tabs)

Change the order of the tabs.

I have the same Tab Content for all products and the content changes occasionally and need to update on all products at the same time.

Thanks,

Bob