Product Tabs 1.0

I find it interesting that some of the people in and doing this club thing are the same ones complaining about the forum becoming a “commercial” thing!

Then to make comments like…

[quote]

…as we’ve mentioned before this Addon will no longer be available after the release date, no money no mod…

[/quote]

I would have to agree that things are going a little crazy at the forum, but it sounds like you guys are into the same mess.

There ain’t nothing like high pressured sales from a “club!”

I am beginning to think that those who want to just “sell” the mods would be better way to do it. They just need to keep the price comparitive with the cart.

Shoot, the club is taking “donations” for $100 and then complaining about someone selling a mod for $120. What in the world is the difference?!? The “club” says you still have to pay for other mods.

It sounds to me like those who started creating the “free” mods do NOT believe in that anymore…even though they complain about those charging a set price.

What an intersting forum!

I must ask you say that the mods will not be available after release, and now you have both mods being released the same day. I was planing on seeing what kind of quality the tabs mod is before I decided if I wanted to donate for the FAQ mod. Will this be possible. Some of us like to know what kind of quality we are donating for.

[quote name=‘clips’]things are going a little crazy at the forum[/QUOTE]

the quality of the mod clubs addons is top notch, you won’t find a more qualified group of coders anywhere else, we are the only group to date who’s coded addons made it into a full release of cs-cart, hows that for a resume? in a snapshot of history, before your time we made lots of mods free, then mods became too expensive, so we formed the club which members donated to the club and paid for the mods, and the mods became distributed to the club members, no one ever set a price for donations, you could donate $5 to the club and get the mods, but you’d be the biggest cheapskate on the forums, to date, no one has ever donated less then $25 per mod…

[quote name=‘oscsolutions’]Will this be possible. Some of us like to know what kind of quality we are donating for.[/QUOTE]

there will be a demo site up for you to see…

it’s avalaible > Product Tabs 1.0 Addon ?

no, not yet, cs is fixing their mistakes…

I sent my donation.

Thanks…Just an FYI for everyone, all the excess donations we receive to date will be allocated towards the re-development of Product Tabs 2.0 for v1.3.6, we have already have been informed the current Addon we’ve waited so long for will not be compatible with 1.3.6, as always everyone who has already donated will receive the 2.0 version FREE.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]…so we formed the club which members donated to the club and paid for the mods, and the mods became distributed to the club members, no one ever set a price for donations, you could donate $5 to the club and get the mods, but you’d be the biggest cheapskate on the forums, to date, no one has ever donated less then $25 per mod…[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply sno. My only point is I have seen other places in the forum where you and others have complained about some people charging a set price, yet you still ask for money too. You even call someone who pays a “cheapskate.”

Please understand that I am not saying you should not charge something as a donation or as a set fee. I have no problem with paying for things I use and you know that. My point was that you should not complain about how someone collects the money…whether it as a donation or set fee.

The BOTTOM line is the “fee or donation” should be proportional to the initial, actual cost of the shopping cart!

Thanks,

Clips

[quote name=‘clips’]The BOTTOM line is the “fee or donation” should be proportional to the initial, actual cost of the shopping cart![/quote]

If you based it exactly that way mods would cost next to nothing anyway.

Price of cart * (Size of Mod / Size of Cart) = Almost Nothing

[quote name=‘clips’]The BOTTOM line is the “fee or donation” should be proportional to the initial, actual cost of the shopping cart![/QUOTE]

Your thinking is very WRONG, CS-Cart cost $195, to date the Product Tabs Addon has cost well over $800+, so asking for a donation of measly $25 is nothing and yes if cheapskates only donated $5 we’d never have enough donations to get the Addon done, in addition the extra monies that are collected go towards the re-development of Product Tabs 2.0 for v1.3.6 because we’ve already been informed the current one will not work in 1.3.6.

an FYI for everyone who has donated, the Product Tabs 1.0 Addon will be released this Saturday 2/30/08 and this thread will be removed soon after…

Sno

At the risk of sounding like a smart *** I think you mean that product tabs will be released on 3/1/08. I know this is a leap year and all but according my callender February only has 29 days in it this year.

Anyways I am looking forward to getting this mod and checking it out. I might even replace the current system I am using. The only problem I have with this though is that it won’t be compatable with 1.3.6. How long will it take to get the new version of product tabs once CS-Cart releases 1.3.6? It seems like it has taken forever for this version to be released and there is already a ton of talk about 1.3.6 so I am sure that it isn’t that far away.

Thank you though Sno for getting this all together and making this mod work. I am sure that I can speak for most of the other people that have contributed and can say we appreciate your role in this.

Brandon

LOL!! That’s funny :lol:

[quote]Thank you though Sno for getting this all together and making this mod work.[/quote]

I agree!

leap year…oops, your right 3/1/08, I’m just doing last minute checks on the Addon right now and making sure it installs smoothly. As for 1.3.6 it’s a very long ways off, at least 6-8 months, and from that point I’m sure it’s another 2 months for Product Tabs 2.0 to be finished, so basically we’re a year off from having a 2.0 version, also look how long it’s taken to get to sp2 and we’re waiting on an sp3 release right now, I wouldn’t plan anything around 1.3.6, the architecture is changing for the good and who knows what issues will arise from that, what I do know is that all mods/addons anyone has ever gotten coded by custom dev or bought from another source will not work on 1.3.6…

Product Tabs 1.0 sp1 has been released and emailed to everyone, check your email as we’ve had multiple emails come back bounced, Thanks - Sno

Cannot find the page when I click on Global Product Tabs link in the admin area. I did have to do some modifying to the pages in the mod because of the download tab from topcoderpro, but that shouldn’t have effected it should it?

This is interfering with my download files advanced mod from topcoderpro. At first it was showing the files in the custom tab and now it’s not showin the files at all.

Oi Sno.

Can you email me that again? Think I was using my paypal address last time (deleted it)

I’ve PM’ed you my email address btw

I just uninstalled the download files advanced. I’ll just use a custom tab for this part.

Mdekok3000

I am also using the advanced download mod along with the dynamic tabs mod from topcoderpro. I am considering using the product tabs mod instead of the dynamic tabs mod. If you figure out how to use the download mod with the product tabs mod can you please either post the fix here or PM me?

I appreciate any help that you can give.

Brandon