Product Sort for Customers

Imperative:

Customers need to be able to sort category items not only by product name and price but also by product code.

Ideally:

There ought to be a block at the top of the product listing that allows customers to sort by any product attribute or feature allowed by the store administrator. It would be really nice to have something much more robust in this area. Newegg.com’s "power search side bar feature is a good example. This let’s you drill down into your search results.

I totally agree on this. There needs to be a side bar feature, that is automatically placed to allow further drill-down.

[quote name=‘mhackl’]Imperative:

Customers need to be able to sort category items not only by product name and price but also by product code.

Ideally:

There ought to be a block at the top of the product listing that allows customers to sort by any product attribute or feature allowed by the store administrator. It would be really nice to have something much more robust in this area. Newegg.com’s "power search side bar feature is a good example. This let’s you drill down into your search results.[/QUOTE]

Sort by Product MOD has been completed and added to our list of MODs

[url]http://www.topcoderpro.com/sort-by-product-code-p29918.html[/url]

[quote name=‘smavtron’]Sort by Product MOD has been completed and added to our list of MODs

[url]http://www.topcoderpro.com/sort-by-product-code-p29918.html[/url][/QUOTE]

The mod for the customer end is simple. Do you have a mod for making the default of both admin and customer by product code?

[quote name=‘Texas Trophy’]The mod for the customer end is simple. Do you have a mod for making the default of both admin and customer by product code?[/QUOTE]

Yes we will modify to show in drop down admin/setting/apperance… so it can be selected to show as default on customer side…

can you please share whhen you say default on admin… what exactly you are suggesting?

[quote name=‘smavtron’]can you please share whhen you say default on admin… what exactly you are suggesting?[/QUOTE]

When “managing products” have them listed by product code as default. I think it’s currently by newest as default.

[quote name=‘Texas Trophy’]When “managing products” have them listed by product code as default. I think it’s currently by newest as default.[/QUOTE]

ok… so will have a dropdown in admin/settings/apperance/admin setting a drop down for “Product list default sorting” and will have product code & description… will that do?

[quote name=‘smavtron’]ok… so will have a dropdown in admin/settings/apperance/admin setting a drop down for “Product list default sorting” and will have product code & description… will that do?[/QUOTE]

MOD has been updated and now you can set from admin which mode you want to display both on customer/admin interface.

[quote name=‘smavtron’]MOD has been updated and now you can set from admin which mode you want to display both on customer/admin interface.[/QUOTE]

That’s great smavtron.

Sorry if I misled you but I can modify it myself. I am just waiting for 1.35 to be stable enough to make the move then I will make my modifications.

I am sure others will definately benefit from your mod.:wink: