Product Reviews Button Text New Post

How can I change the text on the Product Reviews button from New Post to Submit Review? I know Product Reviews is part of the Discussion add-on so if I can change it for just Product Reviews that would be ideal.

Bonus: How do I change the confirmation message when the user submits a review to a more Product Review friendly message.

For the button, it is controlled with:

{include file="buttons/button.tpl" but_id="opener_new_post" but_text=$lang.new_post but_role="submit" but_rev="new_post" but_meta="cm-dialog-opener cm-dialog-auto-size"}

In skins/your-skin/customer/addons/discussion/views/discussion/view.tpl

You could either change the language new_post in your admin or change but_text=$lang.new_post to but_text=“Submit Review”

As for the confimation, there are 2 parts. One is text_post_pended and the other is text_thank_you_for_post and both are set in your admin under administration => languages.

I hope that helps,

Brandon

Thanks Brandon I'll check those out. Any idea where the thank you text is actually used in a tpl file?

Also… I don't want to change the text to say post review on all discussion pages i mean I would like to have it change for just reviews somehow and leave customer discussions unchanged. Any idea how to accomplish that?

Well, the text isn't in a tpl file, it is actually in a controller file. You can see it in addons/discussion/controllers/common/discussion.php

The code is:

// Check if post needs to be approved
if (AREA != 'A' && !empty($discussion_settings[$object_name . '_post_approval'])) {
if ($discussion_settings[$object_name . '_post_approval'] == 'any' || ($discussion_settings[$object_name . '_post_approval'] == 'anonymous' && empty($auth['user_id']))) {
fn_set_notification('W', fn_get_lang_var('text_thank_you_for_post'), fn_get_lang_var('text_post_pended'));
$post_data['status'] = 'D';
}
}

I guess a guy could change that language variable to a custom one?

As for the submit part, I have no clue, sorry.

Thanks,

Brandon