Product Promotions / Multiple Discounts

I guess this would have been asked before, but I cannot find it anywhere.

I would like to offer various discounts based on quanties in basket, as opposed to individual products purchased. I can see it is easy to do on a per product basis in the quantity discounts, but not sure how to do it on a cart basis.

Presently I have a ‘Cart Promotion’ that give 10% off if someone has 25 items of more in their cart.

BUT… I want to offer a more tiered discount, such as:

10% off cart if 25 items or more

15% off cart if 35 items or more

20% off cart if 50 items or more

25% off cart if 100 items or more

These are only example figues/percentages, but how do I get it to offer a discount based on the quantity and only ONE discount?

Any help would be gratefully received :)

Create Cart promotions for each quantity band. Condition: Total products in the basket , Greater than 24, less than 35 (will effect qty 25-34), Bonus: Order discount - by percentage of the original amount: 10%. Repeat for each band - quantities of 34 to 50, 49 to 99, etc.

Set them all to 'Stop other rules' thus only these cart discounts will be applied once the condition is met exclusively - although it won't have any effect on catalog discounts.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1362686043' post='157231']

Create Cart promotions for each quantity band. Condition: Total products in the basket , Greater than 24, less than 35 (will effect qty 25-34), Bonus: Order discount - by percentage of the original amount: 10%. Repeat for each band - quantities of 34 to 50, 49 to 99, etc.

Set them all to 'Stop other rules' thus only these cart discounts will be applied once the condition is met exclusively - although it won't have any effect on catalog discounts.

[/quote]

Absolutely perfect!!! Works like a charm… many thanks;)

This solves my quantity discount problem based on different variables, thanks

Is there a way for customers to enter a promo code without having anything in the cart?