Product Promo Text Doesn't Display Special Formatting

I had some special formatting in my product promo text (i.e. bold and italicized) but it doesn’t display the special formatting on the live site, just the text with regular formatting.

What does the description source look like? I.e. not in an html editor (or the editor in source mode).

The pages source code does show the strong (bold) tags around the text.

Please provide us with the example of the description, I will check it on the demo store. To insert the description, please use the “<>” button

This is the code:

```php

Get 12 for the price of 10!

```

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1437489822' post='223779']

This is the code:

```php

```
[/quote]

It is displayed correctly for me:

http://clip2net.com/s/3l2XMK0

Please make sure that the WYSIWYG editor is switched to the "source code" mode before inserting the code

It is, see attached image.

[attachment=9926:promo_code_entry.JPG]

promo_code_entry.JPG

Try another WYSIWYG editor. Possibly this one incorrectly processes html code

Ok I switched from TinyMCE to CKEditor with the same result (deleted the promo text, saved and reentered with the new editor & saved again, same result).

Can only assume that you are not in source-code mode somehow even though you seem to show it.

What's a screen shot of the result from a customer view (not a preview)?

Attached is a screenshot. It's the 12 for the price of 1.

[attachment=9928:promo-text-live.JPG]

promo-text-live.JPG

Hmm, looks bold to me from the screen shot. What does the HTML text show if you right-click on it and then select 'Inspect element'?

It shows the proper code with the bold tag, as posted above.

Then I'm not sure what your issue is. If the proper html has been delivered to your browser then maybe the font you are using doesn't show much difference between bold and not.

It's Verdana, and the whole site (for the most part) is in Verdana and renders bold and other special formatting elsewhere, so it seems to be just with the promo text. Things that make you say “hmmm”

Well, I'd have to look specifically. I doubt there is anything special about a '' tag for promo text unless there is some overridding CSS that is preventing it from having 'font-weight: bold;'

I agree with Tony, try this code:

```php

```

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1437559837' post='223912']

I agree with Tony, try this code:

```php

```
[/quote]

[b]Wow that made the difference - it's showing as bold now! Thank you![/b]

You are welcome! :)