Product Positioning

In our previous cscart version, we were able to list the positioning of our products manually by entering position numbers. our current version doesn't seem to have this option. is there a way round this?

the default options like price high to low etc is not suitable for us.

You can set the position by the category product list.

Thank you for you reply.

i'm afraid i don't have “products” as an option but “items”.

Please see attachment.

positioning.png

Products->Categories->Select the product number in the category list.

Thank you…got it… :grin:

i've changed the position for 3 products…as in 5, 10 and 15. i've also gone into appearance settings and changed default view to “Position: Low to High”. however, the products are showing up in order of 10, 5, and 15.

Hello.

[quote name='bassmonster' timestamp='1432042916' post='214964']

i've changed the position for 3 products…as in 5, 10 and 15. i've also gone into appearance settings and changed default view to “Position: Low to High”. however, the products are showing up in order of 10, 5, and 15.

[/quote]

May be need to check the “Position: Low to High” checkbox in the “[color=#333333]Available product list sortings:[/color]” setting also.

Please check it. Thank you.

Hi alt-team,

i've tried that as per post #6

i just don't understand it…

positioning1.png

Try clearing cache.

clearnig the cache didn't help unfortunately.

[quote name='bassmonster' timestamp='1432042916' post='214964']

[/quote]

Do you check the product on category pages and not on the search results one?

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1432113138' post='215063']

Do you check the product on category pages and not on the search results one?

[/quote]

i've tried both…

the odd thing is, when i change the numbers and click on save…the 3 seater retains the number i type in but the other 2 always change to zero as in attachment…

positioning.jpg

Looks like the issue is related with this bug

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-5670-product-position-within-categories/page__gopid__21776#entry21776

[quote name='bassmonster' timestamp='1432049909' post='214977']

Hi alt-team,

i've tried that as per post #6

i just don't understand it…

[/quote]

Try checing the box “No sorting” and drop down list default “No sorting”.

Why do I have to navigate to Catagories and click products in the category area? Why not have this feature available where it belongs in the in Products. I spent an extra 30 minutes just trying to find this feature.

[quote name='yrick' timestamp='1432593113' post='215735']

Try checing the box “No sorting” and drop down list default “No sorting”.

Why do I have to navigate to Catagories and click products in the category area? Why not have this feature available where it belongs in the in Products. I spent an extra 30 minutes just trying to find this feature.

[/quote]

I think it is caused by the reason that product can belong to different categories within current and another store-fronts