Product order by lenght

Hi guys

I have products that I need to sell based on their lenght

How can I add 2 text fields (one for feet and one for inches) in place of the current “Quantity” so that cs cart will update the final price?

One solution that I was considering was changing the text label “Quantity” to “Lenght” and then place “feet” after the input text box currently used for quantity. But I dont want this change to affect the whole store…plus I would not know which file to edit to change that text…

Can somone suggest or recommend a solution?

You can use the options feature built into cs-cart.

[quote name=‘hbtrading’]You can use the options feature built into cs-cart.[/QUOTE]

Thank for the quick reply…can you provide me with a sample of using options to accomplish that?

Should I use global options or product options?

Please advise thanks

[quote name=‘hbtrading’]You can use the options feature built into cs-cart.[/QUOTE]

Hi guys can somone provide me a sample of option configuration on how to accomplish this?

You would set up 2 product options, 1 called length and the other called width or whatever. Then you would add modifers to these

So for example,

length;

2ft

4FT + £2.00

6ft+ £4.00

then same with other option.

see here

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

JOhn

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]You would set up 2 product options, 1 called length and the other called width or whatever. Then you would add modifers to these

So for example,

length;

2ft

4FT + £2.00

6ft+ £4.00

then same with other option.

see here

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

JOhn[/QUOTE]

Hi John thanks for the quick reply

Ok but in my option modifiers I only have weight modifier…lbs or %…am I missing something?

Price modifier is in attachement

Unless maybe you are on the free version and I dunno if this has price modifier.

if you see this page here, you will see 2 options, 1 is for chest print and 1 is for rear print…thats how it works

they add together when chosen

[url]http://www.hivis.co.uk/immortal-waistcoat-2-body-bands-and-braces.html[/url]

JOhn

modifier.jpg

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Price modifier is in attachement

Unless maybe you are on the free version and I dunno if this has price modifier.

if you see this page here, you will see 2 options, 1 is for chest print and 1 is for rear print…thats how it works

they add together when chosen

[url]http://www.hivis.co.uk/immortal-waistcoat-2-body-bands-and-braces.html[/url]

JOhn[/QUOTE]

Ok I will be selling rugs so for the runners I would need to have customers select just the desired lenght

How do I proceed with that?

I would like customers to insert the lenght like in a text box…is it possible?

Otherwise how can I take into consideration all the possible lenghts?

I am using paid license version…

no you cant let them input the text and have it calculate for you.

You could however have options such as

up to 1 foot

up to 2 foot

up to 3 foot

etc and add in the text box undeer the option a message telling them to put the exact length in the comment box.

OR

set up the drop down options in cm and have them select the cm size

e.g.

1cm

2cm

3cm

4cm

5cm… all the way up to whatever 500cm

not the best but it would work, and dont forget they can be imported via csv

JOhn

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]no you cant let them input the text and have it calculate for you.

You could however have options such as

up to 1 foot

up to 2 foot

up to 3 foot

etc and add in the text box undeer the option a message telling them to put the exact length in the comment box.

OR

set up the drop down options in cm and have them select the cm size

e.g.

1cm

2cm

3cm

4cm

5cm… all the way up to whatever 500cm

not the best but it would work, and dont forget they can be imported via csv

JOhn[/QUOTE]

thanks john i think thats the way i’m gonna go with this…drop down with options and price modifiers…not the finest solution but it will work fine :slight_smile: