Product options - some slow, some instant?

we have products with multiple options, on some products the option is instantly selected whilst on others there is a loading phase (small yellow box appears at the top) for about 5-10 seconds. does anyone know what this is and how we can get this loading phase removed.

this also happens when you add the products to the cart. instead of instantly being added like others, its takes 5-10 seconds to load them into the cart. i think it may be something to do with inventory tracking but not sure…

Which CS-Cart cache method are you using (Files, SQLite, Shmem, SQL)?

hi struck,

think we're running SQLite…

You can verify this setting towards the bottom of your config.local.php file

I recommend using either Sqlite or Shared Memory

Clear your site cache, then visit one of your product pages with options & toggle between the various options allowing the cache to rebuild & see if it improves.

Hey Struck,

I was have the same type of problem, Went and check out the the cache method and am confused. near the top of the config.local.php I see $config['db_type'] = 'mysqli'; and then near bottom $config ['cache_backend'] = 'file';

I'm guess the later is what you were talking about, but it says for backend does not mean the admin side?

Then once you have me straighted out , if I make this change to speed things up. Do I need to reboot/ restart something for it to take affect? Any more of your great knowledge can be helpful.

Thanks for the help,

David

Hello David,

[quote]near the top of the config.local.php I see $config[‘db_type’] = ‘mysqli’;[/quote]

In this line you are selecting the MySql Database version of which you are already good to go with Mysqli (Meaning latest “Improved” version), so no need to change this line.

[quote]then near bottom $config [‘cache_backend’] = ‘file’;

I’m guess the later is what you were talking about, but it says for backend does not mean the admin side?

[/quote]

You do want to change this from “File” to either the Sqlite or the Shared Memory option (depending on what options are currently installed on your server).

Just change the line & save your config.local.php file, clear your CS-Cart cache and visit your site. The new cache method will continue to rebuild as each page of your site is navigated. I suggest that you actually place a test order through your site as well so that the actual cart and check-out pages are cached prior to your next customer’s visit/order (will make their experience a smoother one).

PS: This cache method is used for caching “both” the front end as well as back-end/Admin section of your site.

PSS:

[quote]Any more of your great knowledge can be helpful.

[/quote]

Now that is some good stuff ! 8)