Product option changed on order

I sort out the order of product option. However, it seems to change customer previously ordered option as well. Please advice if this is bug. Thank you!

[quote name=‘grabbags’]I sort out the order of product option. However, it seems to change customer previously ordered option as well. Please advice if this is bug. Thank you![/QUOTE]

It seems a bug! Holyxxx…

I would call it a major bug, but they will probably call it a feature. The View Order logic pulls the option information from the product option table in the database. Any changes to this table affects all past orders.

We found this out the hard way when we deleted a few options and all the old orders with these options no longer showed the correct option anymore.

I don not know why Cs-Cart coded it this way. It does not make sense to me.

Orders and the product option table should be independent of each other. One is a constant, the other is not.

David

I think the relation is order should be dependant on the options. So, the options can not be deleted but can be disabled!!!

If change option orders…Than means you have to delete it in cs-cart first right? There should be reorder option.

Can someone confirm with cs-cart please? That means I lost all the records stored.

[quote name=‘grabbags’]Can someone confirm with cs-cart please? That means I lost all the records stored.[/QUOTE]

No need to confirm. That is the way cs-cart working. For me, at least I won’t touch options after they are created…

You did help a lot of people.

Hello Joe,

If that the case, it is a BIG problem to me.

What happen to those existing order if I delete and re-create the option.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Connie

[quote name=‘joe’]No need to confirm. That is the way cs-cart working. For me, at least I won’t touch options after they are created…

You did help a lot of people.[/QUOTE]