Product Name Length

Where can we set up the products name length in categories ?

Thanks for reminding me of this, I need it too. Used to have it set but noticed yesterday that when I last updated the title were being truncated. I now have an whole catogary that looks like it’s filled with the same product :-(

Hello.

You should look here

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]/design/themes/YOURTHEME/templates/common/product_data.tpl [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]and change [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]truncate:45 to a bigger value[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]
{if $hide_links}{else}{/if}{$product.product|unescape|truncate:45:"...":true}{if $hide_links}{else}{/if}
[/font][/color]

I am still amazed every time I see someone post this very common question that in cs-cart one STILL has to modify code to make this simple change. Bad on cs-cart development team.

Yes amazing, even more so when you think it's a key thing that really shouldn't be trunkated anyway. Cache doesn't seem to do a lot here either so an manual removed of the templete in ver/cache/is needed or was for me.

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1433717205' post='217701']

I am still amazed every time I see someone post this very common question that in cs-cart one STILL has to modify code to make this simple change. Bad on cs-cart development team.

[/quote]

[quote name='kickoff3pm' timestamp='1433753716' post='217756']

Yes amazing, even more so when you think it's a key thing that really shouldn't be trunkated anyway. Cache doesn't seem to do a lot here either so an manual removed of the templete in ver/cache/is needed or was for me.

[/quote]

Name is shorten only in Grid view. That actually was implemented as a bug fix long time. Because with long names it looks not very good.

[quote name=‘imac’ timestamp=‘1433756611’ post=‘217777’]

Name is shorten only in Grid view. That actually was implemented as a bug fix long time. Because with long names it looks not very good.

[/quote]

All my products open in list view. So something went wrong :-)

The amount of text on a page is very importent, I upgraded months ago and didn’t notice most the words my customer would be search google for were not on some of my pages.

Hello,

I the last version is not working

I set the lengh at 100 and is the same

{if $hide_links}{else}{/if}{$product.product|truncate:100:"...":true nofilter}{if $hide_links}{else}{/if}

Any ideea?

last version cscart

Hello,

I the last version is not working

I set the lengh at 100 and is the same

{if $hide_links}{else}{/if}{$product.product|truncate:100:"...":true nofilter}{if $hide_links}{else}{/if}

Any ideea?

last version cscart

Try to delete the var/cache directory manually

If it does not help, try to disable 3rd party addons one by one

i try, but is not working. I guess is a bug from the last version of cscart.

I install it now 2 weeks ago.

I really don't undestand why cscart has this lengh so short of product name..

Any idee how to resolve it?

Thx!

i try, but is not working. I guess is a bug from the last version of cscart.

I install it now 2 weeks ago.

I really don't undestand why cscart has this lengh so short of product name..

Any idee how to resolve it?

PM me temporary access, we will check