Product Filters - Am I Doing Something Wrong?

Hi, I've created a product filter for manufacturers as per the instructions in the knowledge base. The thing is, the filter shows ALL manufacturers ALL the time.

I would've thought that the filter would only show relevant manufacturers according to the category the user is currently in. For example; customer is viewing Japanese cars, and the manufacturer filter shows; Honda, Toyota, Lexus. - not ALL makes of car.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Scott.

Running latest version; 2.2.1

Hello Scott,

Yes, it is possible. It depends on your product settings. If you assign the “Japanese cars” filter for the “Honda”, “Toyota”, etc. products in the administration panel of your store, you will see the necessary results.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Hi Anastasiya, thanks for your reply. Im wanting a filter called 'shop by brand' for every category and subcategory in the catalog. Does this mean i have to create that filter for each and every section?

Thank you for the reply, Scott.

In this case I advise you to set up a filter using this instruction in our Knowledge Base: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation and leave the categories section empty, then it will be applied to all categories and subcategories on your server.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1310131406' post='116580']

Thank you for the reply, Scott.

In this case I advise you to set up a filter using this instruction in our Knowledge Base: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation and leave the categories section empty, then it will be applied to all categories and subcategories on your server.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Thank you Anastasiya, I'll give it a go.

Hello Scott_C,

You are welcome.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

I think my question is similar to the OP. I would like customers to be able to filter out the specific category that they are in by showing only the “In stock” items. Fro example. if they are in category xyz and there are 10 products in stock and five not in stock, I would like them to have the capability to filter out the not-in-stock item and see only the in-stock items from category xyz only.

Is this possible?