Product Features Thumbnail Distorted After Using Same Graphic Twice

I decided to display featured products on the home page using the Design >> Blocks >> Home Page >> Feature Content block. The thumbnails on the home page looked fine when I added the first three product features. But when I added a fourth, which used the same graphic as another, the thumbnail of both products using that graphic became distorted. As I added two more products that re-used graphics, the same thing happened to them. Now, all graphics displayed in the home page Featured Products area are distorted. I have tried deleting them from the web server, clearing the cache, and reloading the images, ensuring that each product uses a different image file. That doesn’t fix the situation.

What can I do to make the product feature area on the home page either resize the image properly for the thumbnail or not use a thumbnail at all?

Thanks

Dear kimboecu1,

We can’t actually imagine the situation you have. Could you please attach screen shot?

Are all thumbnails of the same size? Which graphic do your thumbnails use?

Regards, Alt-team.

I had this same issue and figured out that it occurs on images that are not square.

[quote name=‘moka’]I had this same issue and figured out that it occurs on images that are not square.[/QUOTE]

I thought this was just happening to me…

Basically you have to go into the images folder and delete the thumbnail ane th system will recreate the image to the right size, may take a few tries

I see this as a bug and cs-cart could not fix it when I told them about it

The funny thing is that it only happens on one of my carts

The reason why it gets distorted is that lets say the image size is suppose to be 40X40 you may check in IE the image properties what the size is of the file and it will say 40x40

Now this is not really the case because what actually has happened is that the image is scaled to 40x40. So if you get the path to the image and load it in your browser and then check the image properties it will show as say 11x40 and thats why your image gets distorted when scaled

On deleting the image and letting the system recreate it, the cart then makes your narrow image into a square but the systems messes up sometimes not creating the square properly

So for example if you image is tall, lets say 100x500 and the system should scale that down to 40x40 but sometimes messes up and scaled it to 11x40 in proportion to the original narrow size

I know that cs-cart can handle resizing narrow images, but messes up sometimes and if we can find out why that occurs then we can fix this problem

I am not sure what the fix is for this problem??

Also I noticed that this problem on occurs at block level whereas for detailed images tumbnails it works fine

To everybody,

We really want to help you, but we just can’t reproduce the situation you have with your thumbnails. If you wrote the detailed instruction with each step and attached screen shot, we would probably be able to help you.

Regards, Alt-team.

[quote name=‘Alt-team’]To everybody,

We really want to help you, but we just can’t reproduce the situation you have with your thumbnails. If you wrote the detailed instruction with each step and attached screen shot, we would probably be able to help you.

Regards, Alt-team.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why, but I can’t recreate the issue now. I can switch to any product view I want and these images are no longer distorted. Perhaps some time had to pass after I cleared the cache for the changes to actually take affect?

I have three carts and this happens to all of them. I wish it didn't. I clear the thumbnail cache with a admin.php?ct and they seem to go away for a little while. Then I will find a product again that has distorted thumbnails. We have over 100k products between all three sites.